QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 16, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #2,716 of 2,734
Quick question for anyone in here who might be able to answer. Is the 8SE the same as the 8SL? I'm not able to find much info on the 8SE, so I'm wondering what it is comparable to. Also, I already have a V6 and would be interested to hear a comparison between the 8SE and V6.

May 16, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #2,717 of 2,734
May 16, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,718 of 2,734
According to japanese e-earphone shop the 8SE is a limited edition earphone produced for the Japanese market as the SE series (Special Edition series) and basically a 8SS.

See also the post
Thanks for the response! There's a lot more info on the 8SS so that helps a ton

May 17, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #2,721 of 2,734
I have the 8 pro. I never have it on anything other than Studio (SS)
Good to hear! My 8SE is on the way, so hopefully I enjoy the same tuning as you! I am a bit worried as I own the V6 and really enjoy it, but the 8SS and 8SE have a very different tuning from what I've seen. I think I got a good deal on it, but I may have jumped the gun a bit.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #2,723 of 2,734
Hi, what aftermarket cables are you guys using with your Anole VX? I am looking for a silver cable that makes the VX brighter. What cables would you guys recommend?

I came across brands like GUCraftsman and was wondering if they are any good (their pure silver cables) ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #2,725 of 2,734
Hi, what aftermarket cables are you guys using with your Anole VX? I am looking for a silver cable that makes the VX brighter. What cables would you guys recommend?

I came across brands like GUCraftsman and was wondering if they are any good (their pure silver cables) ?

Thanks.
You want to make the VX brighter? This is the first time I have ever heard that request.

I am sure any silver cable may do just that. Another cable would be the Effect Audio Horus Cable. This cable is very good at allowing the max of the IEM to come through in all areas ( bass, mids and treble ). The treble of the VX will shine. Maybe you can find one used for a great price.

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #2,726 of 2,734
You want to make the VX brighter? This is the first time I have ever heard that request.

There is the typical qdc dip between 5-6 KHz (based on frequency response graph - never can't recognice that frequency area with my own hearing) while yes I also feel in random situations the Anole VX slightly thin in the treble area.

QDC itself is offering a silver cable for the Anole VX (VXS-4.4) and btw the qdc 8 pro has also the same dip like the VX with imho no effect to the treble at all.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #2,727 of 2,734
There is the typical qdc dip between 5-6 KHz (based on frequency response graph - never can't recognice that frequency area with my own hearing) while yes I also feel in random situations the Anole VX slightly thin in the treble area.

QDC itself is offering a silver cable for the Anole VX (VXS-4.4) and btw the qdc 8 pro has also the same dip like the VX with imho no effect to the treble at all.
If the IEM itself has a dip, a cable will not cure that. If the IEM is producing a bit more in that region than measured with copper, then the silver should help. I think the dip is over 5db though. I doubt the stock cable is hiding all 5 db. Please let us know.

Jun 8, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #2,729 of 2,734
I found this cable on Aliexpress from GUCraftsman: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000260612060.html

Would this pure silver cable be good enough to make the Anole VX brighter, or are there better options (in this price range)? What are your opinions on this cable?
Ideally I would look for 6 nines purity, OCC and litz ( to prevent oxidation). At the price point getting all of that probably won’t happen. However, probably not needed. Gladiator Cables makes the Argento Silver Cable for IEMs and it should be exactly what you are looking for. I have the Argento HP cable and it is really good.

What you found looks like it should be pretty good as well. The price is right. Give that a try first, especially as it is made for the VX. Please let us know how it is.

Jun 9, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #2,730 of 2,734
Ideally I would look for 6 nines purity, OCC and litz ( to prevent oxidation). At the price point getting all of that probably won’t happen. However, probably not needed. Gladiator Cables makes the Argento Silver Cable for IEMs and it should be exactly what you are looking for. I have the Argento HP cable and it is really good.

What you found looks like it should be pretty good as well. The price is right. Give that a try first, especially as it is made for the VX. Please let us know how it is.
I've had the pure silver cable from GUCraftsman for some time (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000260612060.html).

It is definitely a step above the original stock QDC Anole VX cable. Sound is more revealing and brighter, which is what i was looking for. Bass is pulled back a little, the overall sound is more lively and forward. I guess these are the qualities of a pure silver cable?

As i have often heard that cables don't make much of a difference in sound, i wonder if getting a more expensive silver cable would make a bigger difference? Or is Silver-Plated Copper cable better, in this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back