QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,833 of 2,722
No problem, do give them a try. While I don’t generally like to use adapters on the player end (they reduced sq in a subtle way), these Willow adapters are ok for me. I used them on 64 Audio.

I like VX but how do find Elysium vs VE8? Which do u like the most? Thanks.
Thanks for the info.

I am still undecided as to whether I like the VE-8 better than the Elysium or not yet. I had to send my VE-8 back to adjust the fit. I do feel it is superior to the VX (close though) with a little bit better timbre. The Elysium is a lighter presentation than the VE-8. It does have a tight bass, but much less than the VE-8. All 3 are really great and I would add the Dunu Luna in there as well. I will say the VE-8 was not hitting me till I swapped it’s cable for a Horus. For me, it seemed to really scale up on my N8 with the better cable (VE ships a really cheap cable with it). At the moment the Elysium is growing on me and at the 70db level or so the bass is pretty good. At lower volumes it disappears. I was comparing it to my home stereo last night and it cannot match it in the bass. That is to be expected, though I am always trying to match that system with my mobile system. Tks.

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #1,834 of 2,722
Thanks for the info.

I am still undecided as to whether I like the VE-8 better than the Elysium or not yet. I had to send my VE-8 back to adjust the fit. I do feel it is superior to the VX (close though) with a little bit better timbre. The Elysium is a lighter presentation than the VE-8. It does have a tight bass, but much less than the VE-8. All 3 are really great and I would add the Dunu Luna in there as well. I will say the VE-8 was not hitting me till I swapped it’s cable for a Horus. For me, it seemed to really scale up on my N8 with the better cable (VE ships a really cheap cable with it). At the moment the Elysium is growing on me and at the 70db level or so the bass is pretty good. At lower volumes it disappears. I was comparing it to my home stereo last night and it cannot match it in the bass. That is to be expected, though I am always trying to match that system with my mobile system. Tks.
Thanks for your feedback.

I’m also yet to decide which is better for me, Ely and VE8. I will probably need to listen to both again at some point later to confirm.

VX is also nice but I wasn’t able to compare all three at the same time which is difficult to do. From memory, VX has better bass punch but it’s lower treble is a bit too emphasized for me. It was on a different player tho, so I will need to listen again as well.

Love all three for best comfort and fit despite them universals that I've tried.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,835 of 2,722
Hey people, could you please identify if this is how a qdc headphone cable connection looks? Do 0.78mm cables exist as well as 0.75mm? The picture is not a qdc headphone but flc8n, but it seems to be using the same type of connector (0.78mm). An aftermarket qdc cable seems like it could fit, but I am not sure, so asking. Thanks
L8pxErr.jpg

Jul 5, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #1,836 of 2,722
Hey people, could you please identify if this is how a qdc headphone cable connection looks? Do 0.78mm cables exist as well as 0.75mm? The picture is not a qdc headphone but flc8n, but it seems to be using the same type of connector (0.78mm). An aftermarket qdc cable seems like it could fit, but I am not sure, so asking. Thanks
L8pxErr.jpg

It will fit but will be the wrong polarity

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,838 of 2,722
The 8SL I've got sounds like two different IEMs with different stock tips. The single-flanges give it a Solaris-like signature that makes it sound wide open, only with existent upper mids, while the double-flanges give it a warm neutral sound with higher resolution but narrower staging. If I were to get a custom, which would it sound more like?

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #1,839 of 2,722
Did my first A/B with the Anole VX and LCD-i4 and the Anole sounds so much bigger and deeper (much deeper) and technically superior. Much more body and sub-bass. More refined/livelier mids and highs. When you listen to Anole for a long period of time and take the LCD-i4, the i4 sounds too close to you, lacks depth and something more. That was very interesting as LCD-i4 was the best IEM I've heard before the Anole VX. The VX is on another level, at least for my personal preference. QDC's tuning is spot-on too. Both tested with an Effect Audio Leonidas balanced cable on a FiiO M15.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #1,840 of 2,722
Did my first A/B with the Anole VX and LCD-i4 and the Anole sounds so much bigger and deeper (much deeper) and technically superior. Much more body and sub-bass. More refined mids and highs. When you listen to Anole for a long period of time and take the LCD-i4, the i4 sounds too close to you, lacks depth and something more. That was very interesting as LCD-i4 was the best IEM I've heard before the Anole VX. The VX is definitely on another level. Both tested with an Effect Audio Leonidas balanced cable.
I agree. The VX seems to get underrated by many. It plays with the best. Tks.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #1,842 of 2,722
The 8SL I've got sounds like two different IEMs with different stock tips. The single-flanges give it a Solaris-like signature that makes it sound wide open, only with existent upper mids, while the double-flanges give it a warm neutral sound with higher resolution but narrower staging. If I were to get a custom, which would it sound more like?
I demoed 8sl with azla seda eartips and got 8cl. The azlas sounded similar to my 8cl. I didnt get to use the stock tips but it should sound more like the single flange with the widest bore, so that the sound is least hindered by the tips. Also choose the smallest tip you can find to maximise the insertion depth, to simulate custom insertion.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #1,843 of 2,722
I would say best among the best as headfonics.com rate them higher than 64 Audio U18T, a 18 driver IEM in the $3000 league. I know this is all subjective but I trust their reviews.

Definitely a top-tier iem. The few things ingrained in my head demoing them last year was how intense they were. Ive seen a comment or two that the vx can be boring. Definitely not.

Really enjoyed my time with them. I thought they were a very energetic set with some really hard hitting, punchy BA bass especially with the bass switch up. I loved the bass and treble up positions, too.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #1,844 of 2,722
Definitely a top-tier iem. The few things ingrained in my head demoing them last year was how intense they were. Ive seen a comment or two that the vx can be boring. Definitely not.

Really enjoyed my time with them. I thought they were a very energetic set with some really hard hitting, punchy BA bass especially with the bass switch up. I loved the bass and treble up positions, too.
Crin has them rated in his top tier and I would agree.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,845 of 2,722
I would say best among the best as headfonics.com rate them higher than 64 Audio U18T, a 18 driver IEM in the $3000 league. I know this is all subjective but I trust their reviews.
I would say the Vision Ears VE-8 is better....but it is close. My VE-8 is back for fit modifications at the moment, but is was winning some comparisons I had made personally. The VE ERLKONIG is another as is their Elysium. It is always taste as you say.

I will tell you the VX has some of the best bass out there in my opinion, and an overall excellent timbre. It is impactful when needed, and does not muddy or darken the midrange. I have a Tia Fourte which can produce more powerful bass with its DD. However, I have noticed times where it seems to muddy the presentation where the VX does not. I like the timbre if the VX better as well. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back