QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #301 of 2,715
Tested the Anole V6 custom build for a few months. The signature was fabulous for my personal preferences. Likely to be my travel custom of choice for a while.

https://headfonics.com/2019/01/qdc-anole-v6-review/

DSC05127.jpg

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #302 of 2,715
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #303 of 2,715
That look like pure sugar candy. Can't wait for my first qdc IEM this week.

Congrats! Which one?

The V6 in the pic uses what qdc calls "Magic color". I saw it in their brochures at one of the trade shows and smiled at them... a lot :D

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #306 of 2,715
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #308 of 2,715
If you are wondering, I was considering the Solaris last year before the unveiling of it. Solaris turn out to be two tiny black boots with gold sole. I wasn't a fan of the look and knowing Campfire, the fit is probably not for me.

I read that qdc offer the best Chi-fi IEMs so I took gamble. My journey of finding the best Chi-fi IEMs lead me to this.

So I ordered the qdc Anole VX on Amazon one week ago it I was delivered by DHL Express today.
I didn't expect to get it this soon. I will let this beauty run a couple days before I take a listen to it.
The shell itself is almost identical to the BGVP DM6. All the balance armatures seem to be incase in resin like Moondrop A8. Silver flakes covered the entire bottom. If you like silver, this IEM is for you, although qdc offer so many customization options on their website. I tried to order the VX-S on their website and the color option was missing and I couldn't move on to the cable option. So I ordered it on Amazon.

SvNrmWC.jpg

Phone pics in spoiler.
M4xA3Ow.jpg

DYYgk9r.jpg

h9k2ZIZ.jpg

SXQY4dm.jpg

j1URKnw.jpg

h69HJ73.jpg

9XYNaRg.jpg

Comparison shots to Moondrop A8

2hfevo1.jpg

GBsTn49.jpg

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #309 of 2,715
Initial frequency response graph for qdc Anole VX with medium double flange tip and stock cable using EARS.
000 is all switch off, the default signature. 111 is all switch on corresponding to low, mid, and high.
A0qgitR.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #310 of 2,715
If you are wondering, I was considering the Solaris last year before the unveiling of it. Solaris turn out to be two tiny black boots with gold sole. I wasn't a fan of the look and knowing Campfire, the fit is probably not for me.

I read that qdc offer the best Chi-fi IEMs so I took gamble. My journey of finding the best Chi-fi IEMs lead me to this.

So I ordered the qdc Anole VX on Amazon one week ago it I was delivered by DHL Express today.
I didn't expect to get it this soon. I will let this beauty run a couple days before I take a listen to it.
The shell itself is almost identical to the BGVP DM6. All the balance armatures seem to be incase in resin like Moondrop A8. Silver flakes covered the entire bottom. If you like silver, this IEM is for you, although qdc offer so many customization options on their website. I tried to order the VX-S on their website and the color option was missing and I couldn't move on to the cable option. So I ordered it on Amazon.

SvNrmWC.jpg

Phone pics in spoiler.
M4xA3Ow.jpg

DYYgk9r.jpg

h9k2ZIZ.jpg

SXQY4dm.jpg

j1URKnw.jpg

h69HJ73.jpg

9XYNaRg.jpg

2hfevo1.jpg

GBsTn49.jpg
I’m surprised they are solid and not hollow? Amazing.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #311 of 2,715

SvNrmWC.jpg

Phone pics in spoiler.
M4xA3Ow.jpg

DYYgk9r.jpg

h9k2ZIZ.jpg

SXQY4dm.jpg

j1URKnw.jpg

h69HJ73.jpg

9XYNaRg.jpg

2hfevo1.jpg

GBsTn49.jpg

Hope to see some comparisons between the Moondrop A8 and the VX!

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #312 of 2,715
I was auditioning 64 audio u12t but i could not even wear it for more than 30 seconds.

For some sad reason, tia driver kills my ear.

So the staff asked me to try anole vx and wow... It has the best switch implementation for me so far.

I own oriolus mk2 and aroma early.

Oriolus mk2 is engaging but lacks of feel and emotion for some tracks.

Aroma early is effortless, laid back but not too gentle.

Gentle iem are like eternal melody 5.

Anole in neutral state is just sweet. It is not engaging or laid back or too warm or smooth but just sweet... And sometimes overly sweet.

It has some peaks on highs 8k and above and my ears are very sensitive to 8k and above.

I dont know what the switches does but it actually doesn't change the sound signature of anole. It is still sweet with bass boost or mid boost or treble boost.

Some iem switches completely kills off other frequencies. I still prefer them to be dead neutral and will probably look for a cable to tame the highs.

Bass boost of this is very similar to 64 n8 with pure silver cable but the 64 n8 does not have that sweet character.

64 trio is musical but not sweet while fourte is very organic. 64 trio has slightly more peaky high than anole and fourte is even peaker but not as irritating as u12t. Fostex th900 actually has very micro 12k plus peaks which is still bearable.

Anole vx is definitely a very unique iem.

I have not heard any other qdc iems.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #313 of 2,715
I finally had a chance to listen to the qdc Anole VX with Lotoo Touch after experimenting with it.
Early impressions with all switches off; easier to drive than Moondrop IEMS, has large soundstage, feel like you’re drowning in sounds, vocals are not recessed, no harshness in the high, not lacking bass, good fit. I need more time listening to it. So far it's fun.
deoRG00.jpg

This is my second experiment with burn-in.
My first was with Moondrop Kanas Pro.
Tests was done in REW with EARS, iFi Audio micro BL and new Anole VX with stock cable and stock double flange tip. IEM stayed in the EARS for the duration of experiment.
I did not listen to the IEM prior the tests.
Burn-in using AP 80 BT to SoundBlaster E3 playing "Tara Labs - Cascade burn-in" file for 24 hours per test after the initial test. Total burn-in time is 48 hours. I've noticed with Kanas Pro that there are no further changes after 48 hours but that is a dynamic driver IEM.
Only noticeable change is slight changes in the high region.
Take it however you like.
hBpUq2M.jpg

RQKrFoM.jpg

p3TJfe5.jpg

2DcuUUm.jpg

Reference
Wh3eay7.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #314 of 2,715
Initial frequency response graph for qdc Anole VX with medium double flange tip and stock cable using EARS.
000 is all switch off, the default signature. 111 is all switch on corresponding to low, mid, and high.

Interesting, which calibration files are you using with your ears - the minidsp supplied ones or tweaked?

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #315 of 2,715
Interesting, which calibration files are you using with your ears - the minidsp supplied ones or tweaked?
I am using the MiniDSP EARS IEM diffuse field compensation file and calibrate the sound level with the sensitive factor in the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back