QC Controls with MG Head?
Oct 6, 2001 at 4:22 AM Post #31 of 34
Out of all the headphone amps I have personally seen up close I find the MG -Head to be a one of the better looking tube units out there.In fact my wife was so impressed she will probably get one for Christmas (and if she don't like it I get another amp,shhhh
very_evil_smiley.gif
).The other candidate for top looker is the EarMax.On the solid state side the Headroom MAXX wins hands down.I don't know about the rest of you but no matter how good something sounds it must look good .

Oct 6, 2001 at 4:40 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

rickcr42 said...

I don't know about the rest of you but no matter how good something sounds it must look good .

coughAKGK1000cough
rolleyes.gif

Oct 6, 2001 at 4:42 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
no matter how good something sounds it must look good .

Not for me
cool.gif
And furthermore I'm always puzzled when people show pictures of cables and things in the forums which solicit questions like "those look awesome! where can i get some?" As if people can tell how something sounds by looking at it. Guess I'm just too pragmatic. *shrug*

Brian.

Oct 6, 2001 at 3:36 PM Post #34 of 34
there is an old sayin "you can't make chicken SOUP out of chicken ****".What that means is chicken **** will always taste like ****.
And I know what you mean how something looks has no real bearing on how it sounds,but I like to LOOK at my gear.I have always had a thing ,fetish maybe even
evil_smiley.gif
,for the INSIDES !Something about well laid out (same as well thought out) circutry using premium parts gets the rickster hot
And I come from a time when style was everything-cars,stereos had real wood cabinets and honest to god metal knobs,amps had big heat sinks-and I am talking about the mass market goods,not the high end gear (open up an old marantz receiver and amaze yourself) and all televisions except for tiny little portables had wood cabinets with AN ACTUAL DAM TOP ! WHAT A CONCEPT !
You could actualy put stuf on top,pretty amazing.
My video monitor will not even consider anything on top,and that includes a center channel speaker.I have considered building a wood cabinet to make it look more like a TV and less like bland ass mass market basic black.And then maybe my center channel speaker (back in the box,maybe I sell the bitch) has a home ! And maybe I put a picture or maybe my M&M guy with the sax on top.AV gear can be sexy,very cool and seductive looking,or it can be bland and functional.
I wanna have my cake AND eat it !

RetroRick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back