Qables iQube Portable Amp
Oct 16, 2007 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

dropkickduffy

100+ Head-Fier
Man, I just can't keep up with all of these new amps being released! Here is some vague info on the iQube.

http://www.i-qube.nl/
http://www.qables.com/index.php?id=16

From the pictures that briefly flash in the cube on the website, it looks really nice. I'm really digging how they implemented the black and silver motif. Too bad I just dropped some cash for a Headsix.

Specs and such should be announced on the 20th. In the meantime, anyone privy to any insider information?

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 35
Lets see what it looks like, then how it sounds like. But by the little bits I saw it shure looks nice.
icon10.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 35
Actually, it's always been a mystery to me why the design factor in portable amps have not kept up with the heaphone/ source designs. Only two I can think of that has a fairly modern design would be the ibasso and the C&C XO.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 35
Hans at Quables sure makes good cables! I wonder what his amp will be like. I'm going to try to get one to try!

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 35
I enjoy trying out new amps. I don't keep that many of them. I only own 2 portable amps. I have a couple other review sample loaners, but I really only ever need 2 portable amps of my own (one I actually use, and one back-up).

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #9 of 35
It looks from the semi glimpses like there is no digital input of any kind. Is it too early to be making such an assumption? I know its only 3 days until specs etc are released, but conjecture is fun.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 35
What makes you guys think this is an amp. I'm telling you it's a DAP...okay, maybe...but it's large enough to maybe be a dap with a really decent dac/amp in one box.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes you guys think this is an amp. I'm telling you it's a DAP...okay, maybe...but it's large enough to maybe be a dap with a really decent dac/amp in one box.

Because the main site says "Qables is about to introduce its own portable HiFi headphones amplifier. The iQube!" Source: Qables.com.

Besides, we do not know how large this thing really is. Gauging from the pictures of the amp, it doesn't look that large...maybe the size of a Move. Definitely not tomahawk small, but not large either.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickduffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because the main site says "Qables is about to introduce its own portable HiFi headphones amplifier. The iQube!" Source: Qables.com.

Besides, we do not know how large this thing really is. Gauging from the pictures of the amp, it doesn't look that large...maybe the size of a Move. Definitely not tomahawk small, but not large either.

Ooops. We'll sometimes I don't read that well...
eek.gif
It looks more SR-71, PRII size to me, but I'm obviously capable of being wrong.

EDIT: This is all I see on their main page:

iQube, a new dimension in portable HiFi

Keep on the look out for more information starting the 20th of October.

Sales start will be the 12th of November. Sales pre buy discount can be obtained through ipastudio.

Visit www.i-qube.nl regularly for more updates.

Also, nothing on the ipod studio thread, and nothing on the i-qube site to indicate what the heck it is. Where did you find the amp info? I must be blind.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 35
No, you're not blind, its just a short blip on the Qables.com main page. That's where I got all the links.
biggrin.gif
Interestingly enough, I stumbled across this amp when looking for a Qables LOD-to-RCA for a fellow head-fier.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickduffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specs and such should be announced on the 20th. In the meantime, anyone privy to any insider information?

I've been sworn to secrecy, but hints may be found HERE.

Make of it what you will...
tongue.gif

What I can say is that I've gotten a glimpse of the iQube and it is gorgeous!

And for anybody in or around The Netherlands, the iQube makes its official debut this weekend at the VAD HiFi Show demonstrating the Ultrasone Edition 9s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back