Q40 vs K271 - Whcih one?
Dec 17, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think the Q-40 is fun you define the word very differently then I.

I think the Q40 is fun. What do you consider fun?

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Both the Q-40 and 271 are boring.

Do you mean boring to you, to everyone who has compared these to Grados, or what? And, what headphones other than Grados do you consider fun or the opposite of boring? Or in your opinion, are Grados the only fun headphones in this price range for rock? The reason I ask is I'd like to get a better perspective on how you've formed these opinions, so I can better determine how seriously I should consider them. Thanks

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean boring to you, to everyone who has compared these to Grados, or what? And, what headphones other than Grados do you consider fun or the opposite of boring? Or in your opinion, are Grados the only fun headphones in this price range for rock? The reason I ask is I'd like to get a better perspective on how you've formed these opinions, so I can better determine how seriously I should consider them. Thanks

You sound like a broken record. Is "Boring to you, to everyone" your schtick here?

Headphones I own that I consider boring: K240, K270, K271, K280, the entire EA lineup, I could go on but most headphones dubbed as "studio worthy".

Fun ones: AT 2000, D5000, Darths, DX1000, most Grados, most Ultrasones just to give you an idea.

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

You sound like a broken record. Is "Boring to you, to everyone" your schtick here?

Thank you. To 1Time, I'm sure everyone has different opinions but you have to draw the line somewhere and I've seen that exact post about 7 times from you

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

I'd have to agree with Brood.

Yeah, in mathematical logic, it's called the reflexive property.

He agrees with you: therefore you agree with him.

His Opinions = Your Opinions = His Opinions.

There, I just copied you by being redundant.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 34
Nah I was just agreeing that the line had to be drawn somewhere. One can only read so many posts with the same verbage. And I seriously doubt he agree's with most or any of my opinions.

Back to the subject at hand Alai, what do you consider a good, fun, affordable headphone?

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Nah I was just agreeing that the line had to be drawn somewhere. One can only read so many posts with the same verbage. And I seriously doubt he agree's with most or any of my opinions.

Back to the subject at hand Alai, what do you consider a good, fun, affordable headphone?

Lol. I love my AD700. I wish I could jump to the AD900, but in terms of bang for the buck, that is not a good upgrade choice. Besides, I already know I like the ATH sound. Therefore, right now, I will be upping to the AKG701 (got for cheap, luckily, thanks to the Head-Fi community). As you can see, I like my details, mid, and highs. I don't care for a FULL range as much as clear detail WITHIN a good range.

I don't really have a "good, fun" sounding headphone for myself. Then again, I want to point out that the "fun" headphones you posted are mostly $200+. If I could spend that much on headphones and on that many headphones, I would be having "fun" too.

Currently, my dream headphones are the W5000, but I will never see them for another 5-10 years at least.
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Fun ones: AT 2000, D5000, Darths, DX1000, most Grados, most Ultrasones just to give you an idea.

I see, cool. I'm a bit surprised at the 2000. It's not quite the same as the others. I'm not a fan of grado, find them horribly weak and overrated.
smily_headphones1.gif

When you say K240, include the sextett as well? I have the MP Sextett, and are one of my fun phones. My other fun phone is the DT990. It just goes to show different brains respond to different things. I hated the Darths, way too dark. Ultrasones were nice, though I only heard the Ed. 9.

I do agree K271 is boring, though I use it for some things.

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Headphones I own that I consider boring: K240, K270, K271, K280, the entire EA lineup, I could go on but most headphones dubbed as "studio worthy".

No, in post #17, my question was for fun headphones in the OP's price range. No need discussing any other headphones. So it appears you only consider Grados as fun sounding in the OP's price range. Thanks again.

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brood_Star /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To 1Time, I'm sure everyone has different opinions but you have to draw the line somewhere and I've seen that exact post about 7 times from you

Yes, I definitely ask many of the same questions over and over again, but not like that should be a problem. In the interest of helping Head-Fiers, I simply want to know and don't mind asking. Of course, what would seem worthy of complaint would be if I asked the same question over and over again like an idiot to the same Head-Fier, and I don't. But if I've crossed over some line that seems objectionable, please explain. Thanks

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

I frequently have the same questions with various Head-Fiers, and I ask them in the interest of helping other Head-Fiers. And I see no reason to do otherwise.

As to your opinion, if it is that the only fun headphones in this price range are Grados, then I disagree. Of course we are simply stating our preferences, and so there should be no problem at all with anyone preferring different headphones, fun or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back