q-JAYS or Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB ?
May 5, 2008 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

RuiCanela

100+ Head-Fier
Wich one is the best for an upgrade to crap Apple phones that came with iPod Touch?
confused.gif

Ultimate Ears: Super.fi 5 EB Features - Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors
Jays: Jays

Please I need an opinion!!
Thanks
Rui
tongue.gif

May 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkems /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are very different IEMs. Qjays if you favor small, more analytical phones with good bass impact, and super fi EB if you just want bass.

Ok I like bass but I find good mids very important! Wich one have the best Mid and bass preformance?
confused.gif

Rui

May 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 18
Unless you want MASSIVE bass I'd consider the UE Super.fi 5's instead. I've not heard the EB's myself but the Super.fi 5's definitely had great bass, I didn't feel they were lacking at all, and all the other frequencies were certainly present.

Plus it all depends on what kind of music you listen to, what you're preferences are, etc.

May 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus it all depends on what kind of music you listen to, what you're preferences are, etc.

I listen mostly Jazz and Rock and some Classic Music.

May 5, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 18
I'm on the same boat as you RuiCanela I to am debating the two IEMs. I like the q-Jays as they have a low profile. But having owned a UE Super Fi. 3 Studio and loved them I feel wether or not I should try new brand of IEMs!

May 5, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd avoid the EB's and just go for the Super.fi's, they were great for me for jazz and rock, unless you decide on the Q-Jays which I couldn't comment on.

May 6, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Ok I like bass but I find good mids very important! Wich one have the best Mid and bass preformance?
confused.gif

Rui

Well - 5 EB have bass only. Big quantity but small quality - if I were You I wouldn't even touch them. You can think however about SF5 Pro - these are much better. If You want to choose between SF 5 Pro and qJAYS than it's a matter of Your preferences - SF5 Pro are more "fun" and qJAYS more analitical (although quality wise qJAYS sound is better)

May 6, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 18
actually 5 EB has great sound quality overall, it only needs some tweaking. Straight from an iPod, it will sound muddy. From a Cowon player or a computer soundcard, things change, since you can EQ it and associate the amazing bass with treble in a good balance

May 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

For your preference of music, go for q-Jays, and you will thank me later
biggrin.gif

You will be surprised by the SQ of them, and you will fall in love with sleek design, and then you will go frantic with comfort!

Very good all around phone they are!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back