q-jays have more base than the Sennheiser cx300 ???
Feb 5, 2008 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

meridius

100+ Head-Fier
do the q-jays have more base than the Sennheiser cx300 ??? or warmer sound and do the q-jays offer the same isolation as the UE Pro 5 or CX300 or better ???

thanks

as i have got my picks down to

UE pro 5
q-jays
Denon AH-700
maybe UE 4

I play all types of music and want the best isolation from outside noise and good base well as good as my Sennheiser cx300 wiht much much better sound and base quality

what do you think

Feb 5, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Then go for a cx-400, 500, or UE 5 pro, 5 EB.

The q-jays has a much more balanced sound than the cx300, and not so overpowered bass, but lots of details.
I'd bet You will say first it has no bass, and too harsh if You come from a cx-300, and You liked it.

I tried the cx-300 for a few days but I couldn't stand the sound.
But I can say, the q-jays isolates less than the cx-300 did. I can hear more of the traffic. Some say that with foam sleeves (from other brand) it would be much better.

I think You have to chose between balanced sound and overpowered bass... okay, I say more warm instead. In this term, the q-Jays are not so warm like the cx-300.

I do not know the others, but You may like better the UE line sound.

Or maybe the cx-400, 500... I heard they have more detail than the 300 and more balanced, yet keeps the bass department. And they are cheaper alternative to the UE 5 pro.

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 9
first off, it's bass, not "base" (sry it bothers me when people say that)

the q-jays won't give as much bass as the cx300. They are actually said to lack some bass. The cx300s are like many dynamic driver headphones characterized by overwhelming bass. I think denon ah-700 will give you the most bass out of those or consider the atrio m5 and you'll be a happy camper. both of those are dynamic as well btw (I don't know much about the difference between dynamic vs armature so don't ask me).

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are actually said to lack some bass.

I wouldn't say that.
I hardly never use any EQ either on the hifi or on mp3 player, so I do not used to bass heavy sound. For me the q-Jays has enough bass, I don't need more. Even for heavy metal!

It's like being in a quiet enviroment for a while, then You will be more sensitive for louder sounds. If You don't listen to +12dB bass, You will get used to it, and enjoy the music as it was made. It is a whole new world I think. You get more sensitive to the little subtle parts of your music and pioneer new experiences.

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by earfanatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't say that.
I hardly never use any EQ either on the hifi or on mp3 player, so I do not used to bass heavy sound. For me the q-Jays has enough bass, I don't need more. Even for heavy metal!

It's like being in a quiet enviroment for a while, then You will be more sensitive for louder sounds. If You don't listen to +12dB bass, You will get used to it, and enjoy the music as it was made. It is a whole new world I think. You get more sensitive to the little subtle parts of your music and pioneer new experiences.

This is exactly the part that I try to tell people
smily_headphones1.gif
Ears and mind need some time to adapt themselves to a new sound source. If you go the other way lets say from q-JAYS that you used for 1 month and to CX-300 you will think the other way most probably. Sound is fun
smily_headphones1.gif
May the best earphone for your needs win!

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 9
alot of people keep going back to the UE 5 pros for sound quality and bass.

these seem t be the best at this price point out of the 4 mmmm

anyone know whaa the UE 4v are like compaired to the Cx300

i know about the CX400 but to be honest i dont want just a littile bit better sound i would like much much better.

hte UE 5 eb look to big and ndont get me wroung i like a bit of bass but not to much i would like to listen to music in its intened way

i herd my friend s B&O A8 and sound exellent but i had to push them in my ear a littile to give me that littile bit more depth but i dont like how thay design there earphone sets

so what do you all think out of the 4 i have listed what would produce the

1 best sound quality
2 best isolation
3 the closest to the cx300 in bass
4 build quality

thanks for any help can not beleave its so hard to pick a headset

just want somthing thats much better than my CX300 but with good isolation.

the ue5 look like thay stick out alot to but is this the case for all twin driver headsets???

the Q-jays seem to be the smallest for this

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alot of people keep going back to the UE 5 pros for sound quality and bass.

these seem t be the best at this price point out of the 4 mmmm

anyone know whaa the UE 4v are like compaired to the Cx300

i know about the CX400 but to be honest i dont want just a littile bit better sound i would like much much better.

hte UE 5 eb look to big and ndont get me wroung i like a bit of bass but not to much i would like to listen to music in its intened way

i herd my friend s B&O A8 and sound exellent but i had to push them in my ear a littile to give me that littile bit more depth but i dont like how thay design there earphone sets

so what do you all think out of the 4 i have listed what would produce the

1 best sound quality
2 best isolation
3 the closest to the cx300 in bass
4 build quality

thanks for any help can not beleave its so hard to pick a headset

just want somthing thats much better than my CX300 but with good isolation.

the ue5 look like thay stick out alot to but is this the case for all twin driver headsets???

the Q-jays seem to be the smallest for this

Absolutely not. Our q-JAYS are so small you hardly notice them in your ear. No problem sleeping on the either. Maybe this picture gives you a better idea of the size.

y.jpg

Clockwise from Bottom Left: Single-Driver Shure SE110 and V-moda Vibe Duo; Double-Driver Jays q-JAYS and Shure SE420
Source: iLounge

These videos might help you out in the matter of sixe too
smily_headphones1.gif

YouTube - q-JAYS, Web Review
YouTube - q-JAYS2, Me wearing the q-Jays

This is my beautiful ear and yes, the q-JAYS are there
wink.gif

earpt0.jpg

Feb 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #8 of 9
You need to add the Denon's to your list if you are even considering the Super.fi! they are smaller, and IMHO the SQ is better. The low end extends very deep and is extremely tight compared to the CX300 <- understatement.

Denon AH-C700

If you really need a lot of bass then the Atrio's are a little warmer, but lack the highs of the Denon's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back