[Q] IE80 vs B&W C5 Series 2 (or maybe Philips S2?)
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

J@CKY

Head-Fier
Hi, 

I (and my wife) are happy users of the Sennheiser IE80 until my wif lost them during a trip.  I can find a new pair selling at around £170. But I am tempted to try some other IEMs. 

Recently, I got a B&W A5 airplay speaker and was very impressed by the sound signature and clarity.  So the C5 Series 2 come into my radar.  It is selling at £150 on Amazon, wondering if that is worth the bill? Can any user offer some opinion?

I enjoy the IE80's clarity and details when listening to classical pieces.  The most impressive and import feature to me is the precision of instrument placement and their separation, especially when listening to big classical pieces like symphonies.  The considerable soundstage of it, the good bass when doing pop and jazz (thanks to the dynamic driver) are also enjoyable. 

I currently own and use the Fischer DBA-02 a lot. But may wife prefer a bit more bass, good quality one.  So she doesn't really like my relatively neutral (or cold) DBA-02.  Tired Sony EX650, but I don't like the muffled mid (vocal) and the fat, lossy lows (plenty, but not quite good quality).

I do have a pair of GR-07, but not sure about how it compare to the rest of the pack (haven't spend much time as I would like to with this pair, if it was good to match the IE80, I guess she would have been using them already.)

The Philips fidelio S2 also come into my radar given the much lower price and relatively high praise. Could anyone give me some opinions on how they match up with the rest of the pack above?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back