[Q] How can improve my audio experience for 150$?
Feb 1, 2016 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BassThor

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

My life (*cough* wallet *cough*) of 'audiophilia' has settled on three headphones: the DT770 80, the M50 and the GR07 Bass ed. And I am very much content with this line-up for my needs (for now!).
The headphones are getting a lot of use on-the-go and when I'm in front of my PC (music/flac, games, and movies) and so I would like to try and pull out the remaining potential. If there is any. I was told there was some?
L3000.gif

My question is: how can I spend 150$ on making these headphones sound better? Is there a large gap in overall quality between a desktop USB AMP/DAC and a portable one? Are there different "levels" of potential in the different headphones? I seek those of you who have experience with these and if you'd be willing to share with me (us!), please do.
redface.gif

Sit back, relax and have yourself a good time. You deserve it.
popcorn.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 3
For the PC, get the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card (maybe used off eBay, $60?).
What do you plug your headphones into when your on the go.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Cool, I'll have a look around local retailers for that sound card. PC has got a m-atx mother board so hopefully there is a compatible and available slot. 
I use my cellphone for music when on the go, ZTE Blade v6 with Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back