Q about Sony compatability with their dock station for walkmans?
May 29, 2009 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
I am hoping someone on here has experience of ownng a Sony wireless docking station, model; CPF-IX001 is compatable with Sony Walkman models NWZ-A818, A829 and even the new X-series possibly?

CPF-IX001 (CPFIX001) : Accessories and headphones : Sony

I know they all have the 22 pin WM-Port and officially they work with the Sony A808 models prior to the A818 models, and had heard possibly the A818 model was not compatable as it was diffferent somehow, possibly as it switched to WMP from Sonicstage software and was different in the way rhe player was encoded maybe.

So anyone who knows or has used the CPF-IX001 wirelss dock with either A818, A829 or even the new X-series i would love to know.

I am only interested in using the walkman on the dock section to play music through its speakers and not the wireless module that connects to it.

Hoping someone out ther can answer this rare question....
smile.gif

May 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hoping someone on here has experience of ownng a Sony wireless docking station, model; CPF-IX001 is compatable with Sony Walkman models NWZ-A818, A829 and even the new X-series possibly?

I know they all have the 22 pin WM-Port and officially they work with the Sony A808 models prior to the A818 models, and had heard possibly the A818 model was not compatable as it was diffferent somehow, possibly as it switched to WMP from Sonicstage software and was different in the way rhe player was encoded maybe.

So anyone who knows or has used the CPF-IX001 wirelss dock with either A818, A829 or even the new X-series i would love to know.

I am only interested in using the walkman on the dock section to play music through its speakers and not the wireless module that connects to it.

Hoping someone out ther can answer this rare question....
smile.gif

I've got the CPF-NW001, the one without Wi-Fi and the X is compatible with it, as it is with the 829/808/706. I've also had the Wi-Fi version but never managed to connect to my network, so I just played music through it.

By the way, the 808/818 were both compatible with the cradles, but the remote couldn't read the folder structure (according to Sony support, whatever that is), so you couldn't change albums with the remote, you'd have to do it manually. That was the only difference, but it was an annoying one
mad.gif

May 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got the CPF-NW001, the one without Wi-Fi and the X is compatible with it, as it is with the 829/808/706. I've also had the Wi-Fi version but never managed to connect to my network, so I just played music through it.

By the way, the 808/818 were both compatible with the cradles, but the remote couldn't read the folder structure (according to Sony support, whatever that is), so you couldn't change albums with the remote, you'd have to do it manually. That was the only difference, but it was an annoying one
mad.gif

Thank's Soozieg, i take it then i will be okay to order one then.
I have the NW001 in the Ipod connector version for my Touch and is a great little speaker dock for it's size.

I don't think personally Sony have made a better speaker dock since really.

It would look great with the new X-series i would imagine, i will only use the CPF-IX001 to dock the player as i have heard the wireless module is very hit and miss, but this docks can picked up for less than £50 now and thought it would be worth getting one as i have the A818, A829 and the X-series arriving tomorrow which i cannot wait for.

Shame Sony never just apdated this model really.

So what you said about not compatable reading the album structures does that mean if i had it on track shuffle "all songs" it would not select next track?

I can imagine it would be annoying not been able to change album with the remote, but for £50 or less i won't be complaining even if it cannot change from the remote, albums.

May 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank's Soozieg, i take it then i will be okay to order one then.
I have the NW001 in the Ipod connector version for my Touch and is a great little speaker dock for it's size.

I don't think personally Sony have made a better speaker dock since really.

It would look great with the new X-series i would imagine, i will only use the CPF-IX001 to dock the player as i have heard the wireless module is very hit and miss, but this docks can picked up for less than £50 now and thought it would be worth getting one as i have the A818, A829 and the X-series arriving tomorrow which i cannot wait for.

Shame Sony never just apdated this model really.

So what you said about not compatable reading the album structures does that mean if i had it on track shuffle "all songs" it would not select next track?

I can imagine it would be annoying not been able to change album with the remote, but for £50 or less i won't be complaining even if it cannot change from the remote, albums.

You can change albums with the X, I just checked. It's only the 808/818 that can't change albums via the remote. Everything else is functional with those models except for the album change. As for the Wi-Fi one, when I returned it because of the crap network thing, I picked up two CPF-NW001's for the same price!

And look, you can see it fits.

xcradle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back