PXC 360 on the way
Mar 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sancmat

New Head-Fier
Little excited to report I've got some Sennheiser PXC 360 headphones on the way right now.  Couldn't resist the deal.  Been debating between the geek factor of the Parrot Zik and the Sennheiser MM 550-x.  I was leaning towards the MM 550-x when I came across VMInnovations selling the discontinued PXC 360 for $210.  For reference the only difference I can tell between the 550-x and the PXC 360 is the microphone.  I have no interest in talking on the phone using a full size pair of headphones and the mic on my old MM 400s is crap outdoors anyways.  This price is reported as new (not refurbished) which is an added bonus.  I will get the headphones thursday or friday and report back on how my purchasing experience was.

For anyone considering the Parrot Zik. Technology wise it is amazing and you can configure it with the built in eq but in the end it came down to my personal experience in the demo.  

Parrot Zik - Fun to use,  good sound.
Sennheiser - Does everything I need it to, wow sound.  

I'm not one who can break down the sound into the reasons why it sounds better.  All I can tell you is the Sennheisers sounded more crisp to me.  Far more detail.  The only thing that can sway me back is the one thing I don't like about my MM 400.  Comfort.  I get sore ears using my MM 400 when listening for more than 30 minutes.  The combination of them being a tight pair of headphones in general and the fact that they are on ear just is too much for extended use.  Plus I travel right now every week so noise canceling is a must.  So if I find the Sennheisers uncomfortable they will get returned but I am optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back