PX200 replacement
Jan 15, 2006 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

karmypolitics

100+ Head-Fier
I broke the cord on my PX200's. This sucks, because I like them. I've had to deal with cord breaks before, just solder, but you know, it really sucks and it's not that reliable making me have to resolder over and over... just not worth it. So I'm going to sell them on ebay.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good replacement. I liked the PX200's, they could collapse into a coat pocket, were light on my ears (unlike the AKG 26's, which made my ears very sore because of the tight seal) and their mid-range was really nice and clear. I'm just wondering if there's anything new remotely in their price range

Jan 15, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I, too, need to replace PX200s. I managed to mangle the plastic portion of the headband which holds the right earpad/driver.

The sound of the PX200s is fine, and I really liked that they have some isolation. Actually, I could use more isolation; the Y where I do running after work has ambient noise sometimes to the point that I can't hear my own music!!

I've considered the 26s, but would welcome opinions on sound/isolation vs. PX200.

I've also begun to think about IEM, but would rather not spend a boatload for 'phones I'm going to use everyday, and under sweaty conditions.

Thanks.

hb

Jan 15, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Funnily enough, I would recommend the PX100 as a replacement for the PX200 because of its better SQ. Otherwise, I think you will have to tell me more about what you like to listen to before I can recommend anything else.

Rough guide:
If you like rock, techno, jazz, pop, rap, hip-hop => Grado, AKG

If you like classical, jazz, light rock => Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, AKG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back