px200 (Jasper994)
Feb 12, 2004 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

maurus

100+ Head-Fier
I have the headphones Sennheiser px100 and I have a great sound, but sometimes too dark and upper bass.

I would like to buy other headphones that they have a detailed and clear sound more.

Jasper994 seems that it has several Sennheiser headphones and he is very happy... :wink:. I like also Sennheiser.

Which I can buy by less than 70$?

PX200? HD497?

HD497 is definitively good for portable?

Thanks a lot.

Feb 12, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, it rather depends on your uses. If you intend to use them portably, the PX200's are very nice and don't suffer from bass bloat and are anything but dark. If not for portable (although they could be driven by a portable), the HD280 Pros are very nice offering a very balanced sound, again without the overly bloated bass. The 280's also offer much more isolation and detail. I haven't actually heard the 497 other than at the local Good Guys store (connected to horrible equipment). It sounded okay, but it's hard to judge from the gear I heard it on.

May I also highly recommend the Grado SR60 in this price range. They offer a very balanced sound and are very articulate. I don't find them very portable but some people do. The only thing I'll say against them is that they aren't very good for rap and hip-hop. Comfort is okay as long as you don't use them for extended periods.

Feb 13, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
Well, it rather depends on your uses. If you intend to use them portably, the PX200's are very nice and don't suffer from bass bloat and are anything but dark. If not for portable (although they could be driven by a portable), the HD280 Pros are very nice offering a very balanced sound, again without the overly bloated bass. The 280's also offer much more isolation and detail. I haven't actually heard the 497 other than at the local Good Guys store (connected to horrible equipment). It sounded okay, but it's hard to judge from the gear I heard it on.

May I also highly recommend the Grado SR60 in this price range. They offer a very balanced sound and are very articulate. I don't find them very portable but some people do. The only thing I'll say against them is that they aren't very good for rap and hip-hop. Comfort is okay as long as you don't use them for extended periods.

Thanks a lot for your opinion.

What about of senn mx500?

They are best sound than px200? best isolation?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back