PX100 vs PortaPros vs KSC75
Jun 2, 2007 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Chase-

New Head-Fier
I've been reading a lot of old threads on this forum regarding these three sets and choosing between them pretty much boils down to the type of music you listen to, or so I've concluded.

That said, which set would be better for someone who enjoys U2 and Lifehouse, but also likes instrumental artists and piano soloists? I'm not a basshead and I like a defined bass over a strong pounding one. Personally I'm leaning towards the PX100s, but that's purely because I think they look nicer. I'll be using these at home by the way.

Oh yea, one more thing. I currently have a pair of Sony EX71s for my portable (I'm pretty self conscious so I wouldn't wear headphones in public) - would the difference in sound quality between the Sony's and the Sennheiser's or the Koss' be worth the investment? I just don't want to feel as though I've spent money for an incremental increase in sound quality. But maybe that's too much to ask of headphones at the price range I'm considering.

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 24
First things first, nice name. secondly, get the ksc75s (or possibly the portapros if you need a headband) if you like acoustic music. i sold hd595s and sr225s because i found that the koss had something with acoustic guitar that they didn't.

if you find you want a spectrum tilted towards the bass end, senheisers are for you, but trust me acoustic=koss. piano aint to shabby either.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 24
Definately the PX-100's. Excellent sound for the price, and much more comfortable and convenient than the Porta Pro's. Plus, they look better!

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 24
porta pro for me, they seem to be the most detailed phones of the pack. or ksc35 if you want a little more clarity, but can sacrifice some on bass side of things

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 24
px100's for me
smily_headphones1.gif

very fun to listen, comfortable, and look nice. potrapros are great but not as comfortable.

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 24
I just purchased both the px100 and ksc75. They both sound great- especially for the money. But I think it is worth the extra for the px100. If nothing else a better looking headphone. I got both on Amazon with free shipping for 55- get both!

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 24
It's the PX100 for me, I found the KSC75 to sound a little thin on bass for my liking, that and those ear clips was the reason I moved to the Senns
cool.gif

edit: I found the PX100 did take a full month to burn in, after which I was jumping around to the music, they are very energetic..

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 24
Portapros. Sure I've never heard the PX100s or the KSC75s, and yeah I'm interested in trying both. But the fact that these come with a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty has saved me from from ever having to
biggrin.gif

I sent these in for a second time, and just got them back yesterday. They just gave me a new pair!

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 24
In case anyone was wondering the reason I did not do a poll in my thread... The reason was because I assumed many people would respond to it without actually having tried BOTH PAIRS, thus yielding inaccurate results.

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #11 of 24
voted for PX100...

KSC75, but IMHO earclips dont work well for me, and PX100 are very very handy!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First things first, nice name. s

Big LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back