PX100 VS. KSC-75, my opinion
Nov 17, 2006 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

chodecz

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've purchased both of these headphones recently, and striaght out of my laptop I prefer the KSC75. Amped (PA2V2) out of my laptop I prefer the KSC75. The PX100 in these scenarios seemed a bit dark.

I then listened to some Fleetwood Mac out of my discman, and the PX100 seem to perform better and maybe slightly edged the KSC75 for SQ.

Have any of you guys tried these two side by side, if so what do you think???

Nov 17, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 26
I been a hardcore Koss creature (KSC75 & PP), but after some comparisons I had to give in that the PX100 sounds slightly more balanced and more detailled. Differences were not very great though.

Nov 17, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 26
I agree with nickchen, I have owned both and found them very similar, with the PX100 a touch darker. What tipped the scale for me was the PX's much better durability.

Nov 18, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 26
I for one prefer the philips HS820. They're a little lacking in the treble, but great in other regions. And they cost much less than px100 and porta pro.
I had the opportunity to listen to the PP and I was unimpressed. Not bad, but really nothing worth my while...

Nov 18, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with nickchen, I have owned both and found them very similar, with the PX100 a touch darker. What tipped the scale for me was the PX's much better durability.

Same! The KSC75 has a slightly thinner, drier sound overall (like the K701, but even less mellow), while the PX100 has the typical Senn-house sound (more like the HD650, but not as dark). The KSC75's clips didn't really fit me very well, so they always felt like they were gonna fall off. In the end, I sold the KSC75 and am now using the PX100 portably. They're different sound signatures, so you really have to listen to determine which one you like more.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The KSC75's clips didn't really fit me very well, so they always felt like they were gonna fall off.

That's a good point I had nearly forgotten. I remember having to fiddle frequently with the KSCs to get them properly positioned and that, too, contributed to my relative dissatisfaction. YMMV.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 26
Prefer headphones, pick the px100, prefer clips, pick the KSC-75.

If you dont mind, then pick the cheaper ones. Its my opinion that the biggest difference between the two is the performance per pound.

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #9 of 26
If you take time to bend the clips to fit your ear properly then they will be secure and you won't notice you have them on. I have big ears and my wife has very small ears and we can both wear them jogging with no issues. Patience my friends.....

Nov 18, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would KSC-75 be easier to drive than PX100?

They're both designed to work well out of portable sources. Is this a theoretical question?

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #12 of 26
My 1.6 cents (in euro, lol)

I have both and I prefer the 75 with a very large margin. I found it quicker and funnier. It swings and grooves, where the px sounds false to me and never more detailed. Also I really don't like the px roll off in the highs. For me, in the portable non insulating camp, discovering the 75 was a great step up.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would KSC-75 be easier to drive than PX100?

Not as easy as you might expect! The KSC-75 isn't very efficient and on my 4G iPod, I had to crank the volume up more than the PX100.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 26
I have both the KSC-75 and the PX-100. I think both are great headphones. For the price, you can't go wrong with the 75. Ultimately, I can't get the 75 to fit right. Whereas the Koss KSC-35 is light and comfortable, the metal clips on the KSC-75 are clunky. I also find the 75 a little dark and bloated. The KSC-35 is a much better balanced headphone for me and competes more on par with the PX-100.

The PX-100 costs more but IMO offer more refinement. Plus I like the way they fold up and the headband feels pretty solid.

As already mentioned on the forum somewhere, the newer PX-100 have a slightly different sound (I have both an older and newer here). They are less dark and more balanced. The reduction in bass opens up the top end so that you get more of a soundstage. I like it.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're both designed to work well out of portable sources. Is this a theoretical question?

-Angler
etysmile.gif

I disagree that PX100 works well out of all portable sources. I find that it is much better with my H320 than with my ZVM - volume is too low on the Creative, in fact, for me to use it when I'm on buses or in the subway. They're ok with the ZVM when you're in a quiet environment, but the streets in Hong Kong are SUPER noisy.

I use EP630 with the ZVM these days, and while they're OK, I much prefer the SQ, comfort and soundstage of the PX100. Hence the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not as easy as you might expect! The KSC-75 isn't very efficient and on my 4G iPod, I had to crank the volume up more than the PX100.

That's not encouraging at all and does not solve my problems at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back