PX100 vs. E2C
Jan 24, 2006 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

ZMstephen21

Head-Fier
hi, have a few questions

-px100 and e2c, how do they compare? overall quality and bang for buck
-where can i get px100's locally? Best Buy?
-How comfortable are the senns? more comf. than e2cs?
-Do the px100's go around the neck or over the head? ive seen pictures leading to both ways
-should i return my e2cs in order to get the px100's? are they worth it?

Thanks for all replies in adavance, my return policy ends tomorrow, so i need some quick answers

Jan 24, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMstephen21
-Do the px100's go around the neck or over the head? ive seen pictures leading to both ways

Sorry, can only answer this. Px100 is over the head, Pmx100 is behind the neck.

Jan 24, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 33
i didnt really make it clear in my question, i OWN e2cs, and im thinking about taking them back and getting px100's

i went on bestbuy.com and they have px100s

Jan 24, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 33
The PX 100 is a great headphone for the money. It trounces the e2c roundly in every respect excepting for isolation. Sound quality, comfort, soundstage, balance, detail, sturdiness/build quality...it's all better than the e2c. The only reason not to get the PX 100 is if you will be using it primarily in noisy areas. Otherwise, they're definitely worth it.

I'd suggest ordering off Newegg or Amazon or headphone.com, as they will probably have better prices. And I have seen the PX 100 at a few local Best Buy stores - along with the e2c, these are the best headphone I've seen at Best Buy.

Jan 24, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #10 of 33
PX100's are a great set of headphones. They are so comfortable and light you can't tell you're wearing them. The sound quality is flawless. They do put out some noise (can be heard by others) but I could care less. The ONLY reason I would get the E2C over the PX100 is because they are smaller.

As for where to get them, I cant really help you with that. I got them from Future Shop (same owners as best buy) in Canada so maybe check out Best Buy.

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #11 of 33
PX100 if you don't need isolation. I prefer mine to my super.fi 5 pro (which by most accounts is superior to the E2c, at least that I've read here at head-fi) for overall music sound (and the Grados above that, and the DT880 above that). But I do have isolation needs and that's why I will probably keep my UEs.

So if you don't need isolation and just want "best sound" - go with the PX100.

Jan 24, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #12 of 33
I never knew the PX100 was ever in league with the E2Cs. Well because the price gap of them both are fairly large. I've known that the E2Cs have good SQ and isolation but never knew they could be matched up against the PX100. Pardon my ignorance, I'm only a newbie to this all.

Jan 24, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethie
I never knew the PX100 was ever in league with the E2Cs. Well because the price gap of them both are fairly large. I've known that the E2Cs have good SQ and isolation but never knew they could be matched up against the PX100. Pardon my ignorance, I'm only a newbie to this all.

Well...typically, open full-size headphones will sound as good as IEMs that cost significantly more...or conversely, IEMs will have a hard time competing with full-size headphones in the same price range. The Koss KSC-75 handily competes with, and beats, the e2c imo.

You'd have to step up to e4/er-5/sf5pro level to find an IEM that really does things at the level of the PX 100 - and as previous posters mentioned, many prefer KSC-75/PX-100 type cans even to these high-end IEMs.

Jan 24, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #14 of 33
I think it's the physics of it all that keep IEMs from ever sounding as good as open ear phones.

Soundstage is helped in open cans because the drivers are farther away from your ears.

Frequency response is better because the drivers aren't forced to be crammed into those little tiny buds that hang out of your ears w/ IEMs.

I like my super.fi 5 pros. They blow away the Sony EX81s I own, which in turn blew away the standard Apple buds.

But they don't hold a candle to my SR60 or PX100. In a perfect world, you'd get the sound of open phones with the sound isolation and portability of an IEM, but I'm learning more and more that that is a near-impossibility.

Jan 24, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 33
DAH! i cant decide what to do. i really like the isolation of the shures, but i was wanting some cleaner/ better bass......if i do decide to get the senns, should i return the shures? i have plenty of money saved up to buy the px100s, but im not sure......my mom will probably flip if she finds out i want another new pair of headphones.....i told her the e2cs were the last for a while
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back