px100 revisited.
Oct 26, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Cables, schmables. The thin cables are not the only ones to blame. Some of the thicker, stiffer-looking/feeling cables have extremely thin conductors, as well. (As in all thick, stiff insulation and barely any actual wire in them - all show and no go.)

Have you seen the cable on the KTX-Pro1? It's complete garbage... if you don't believe cables affect SQ, then at minimum this POS isn't going to last long under portable conditions.

Oct 27, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Have you seen the cable on the KTX-Pro1? It's complete garbage... if you don't believe cables affect SQ, then at minimum this POS isn't going to last long under portable conditions.

I stayed away from the KTX-Pro1. I just don't have the wire-resoldering dexterity to do so correctly.

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 20
i realized the super.fi cable is not really an aftermarket upgrade. switched to 21awg star-quad speaker cable. these things are amazing for their price. might start hurting hd6xx sales if people do this. still i say not as good as hd6xx but probably the most bang for the buck i have ever heard. like if you think sr60 is good bang for the buck think of getting sr325i for the sr60 price. but i am not comparing them to grados. they are totally different. dark and syrupy. not very fast. big headstage. hmm. lot like hd6xx. they also have about 100 hours now which was nescessary to tame the sibilance. and if you put hd414 pads on these without holes you better (very carefully) bend these much tighter. the only fons i ever had to make clamp More, lol.

music_man.

Oct 28, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man
i realized the super.fi cable is not really an aftermarket upgrade. switched to 21awg star-quad speaker cable.

Where do you get the cable from? I'd like to try recabling.

Sennhesier finally sent me the HD414 pads. Took over 2 weeks to get them. The 414 pads fit perfectly over the PX100s. What amazed me the most was how the imaging/soundstage really opened up with the 414 pads. The high frequencies also seemed more detailed. Plus they look and feel great. Ahhh those big fluffy yellow pads!
icon10.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #20 of 20
canare star-quad speaker cable is all over the net. google it. it is also available at stereo/electronic shops in big cities.

i think i have found nirvana! no, not the band lol.
these are like 85% of the sound of hd6xx and i do not even know i am wearing them. plugged into the new lyra 4gb the sound is just a little less quality then my old pcdp. and this combo is so small i forget it's there untill i hear the great sound. i cannot wear grados(any) or hd6xx in bed. actually i cannot wear any of those for very long in a chair. so granted this might not be the best all out sound attainable but given the level of comfort it is the best compromise i have dreamed of. don't get me wrong though. these are far from stock px100's. the stock px100's are maybe like 40% of the hd6xx sound. so if you are handy with electronics this is really good. i mean these could sell for $200 and give most $200 fons a run for their money. don't get any ideas though, i am not going into bussiness. lol.

music_man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back