PX100 driver rattle
Sep 15, 2008 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

widdors

100+ Head-Fier
The stock cable on my px100 was all twisted up on the left side so I decided to replace it with some 22 awg stranded wire. Now that everything is back together the right driver is rattling on the bass. I pulled it back apart and everything looks the same, and my solder joints look good. I tried to be very careful with the driver, but did I screw it up? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 3
did you re-glue (or even tack) the drivers into the cup once you finished re-wiring them?

i have the same problem with a PX100 that I recently resurrected and i realized that i'd forgotten to do this. i'll let you know if this fixes the problem.

i've worked with these headphones quite a bit and i've found that the drivers are fairly fragile and aren't too difficult to ruin.

(if they end up being broken, PM me, as I have an open WTB ad for broken PX100s)
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you re-glue (or even tack) the drivers into the cup once you finished re-wiring them?

i have the same problem with a PX100 that I recently resurrected and i realized that i'd forgotten to do this. i'll let you know if this fixes the problem.

i've worked with these headphones quite a bit and i've found that the drivers are fairly fragile and aren't too difficult to ruin.

(if they end up being broken, PM me, as I have an open WTB ad for broken PX100s)
wink.gif

I re-glued the driver into the cup a week ago and didn't notice a change, let them sit, and plugged them in last night and they worked great! Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back