PX100 buzzing problem
Sep 12, 2008 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Quinoa

Head-Fier
My 4 year old PX100s recently started buzzing/rattling in the left ear. Certain notes trigger the buzz, and particularly lower-end notes. The sound seems fine otherwise – the buzz is just on top of the normal sound.

I've heard of this problem before, but couldn't find anything on Head-Fi about it. Does anyone have any insight? Is there a known fix?

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take off the pad and check for a hair on the diaphragm. I've read many times that this can cause buzzing.

That was it! I had looked under the pad earlier but didn't notice that there were a few hairs there. I removed them with tweezers and now the buzzing seems to be gone.

Thanks so much. I was afraid I would have to buy a new pair.

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinoa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 4 year old PX100s recently started buzzing/rattling in the left ear. Certain notes trigger the buzz, and particularly lower-end notes. The sound seems fine otherwise – the buzz is just on top of the normal sound.

I've heard of this problem before, but couldn't find anything on Head-Fi about it. Does anyone have any insight? Is there a known fix?

remove the foam over the headphone and check if on the driver there are hair (i found it on my px, especially if you have long hair
bigsmile_face.gif
!) or other things that does contact with the driver
smily_headphones1.gif

Ciao!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back