PX100 alternative in 2022
Jul 14, 2022 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

villekille

Head-Fier
I've loved the PX100 from Sennheiser, and as they are not available anymore I am not aware of a quality alternative these days. HD650 for example are too much heavy and big, while they have similar sound signature. But are there any other light weight headphones with similar sound quality?

Jul 14, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 6
The Koss KSC75 with the Parts Express headband is about as close as you're going to get, I think. That or the KPH40.

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 6
I was interested how this class of portable headphones stacked up so I bought a KPH30i, KPH40X and a used pair of PX100-II. So far I have put lots of hours on KPH30i which is pretty good and definitely more comfortable with Yaxi pads installed. KPH40X is still in the mail but I did get the PX100-II in today. There are a lot of them around on Ebay. I install Yaxi portpro pads on these as well as the stock ones have disintegrated. Ordered some new headband cushions off of Aliexpress for a couple of bucks. Sounds is warmer than the KPH30i. They've both been surprisingly good coming from DCA Aeon 2 Noire.

What did you end up with?

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 6
The Koss KSC-35 was another option when I was getting into things. The SR-60 is a brighter option also. I'm not sure if the PX-90's were MkI or MkII PX-100 drivers. I didn't like the II as much as I did the I.

I have two PX-100 OG still - any chance you can you link me to the headband replacements you found? I'd like an Amazon alternative. Don't want to sign up to a CN marketplace.

Aside - Any idea how to get into the PX-100 drivers to re-wire?

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 6
The Koss KSC-35 was another option when I was getting into things. The SR-60 is a brighter option also. I'm not sure if the PX-90's were MkI or MkII PX-100 drivers. I didn't like the II as much as I did the I.

I have two PX-100 OG still - any chance you can you link me to the headband replacements you found? I'd like an Amazon alternative. Don't want to sign up to a CN marketplace.

Aside - Any idea how to get into the PX-100 drivers to re-wire?
They all look the same on amazon. Geekira makes some. They are like 4x more expensive then on Aliexpress though for probably the same product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back