Px-200 question
Nov 5, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #16 of 17
I owned the 200s for a bit, but the seal was always annoyingly difficult to get and maintain. Even with a good seal, I found the sound undistinguished, and with a bad seal the lack of bass made them sound terrible. I vote in favor of exchanging them at Amazon for the HD 202 or better yet the 212, assuming you want cheap closed headphones. Those models are somewhat less portable, and are fairly warm sounding cans, but are still far more engaging then the 200s and also far less frustrating to use. That's my $00.02.

DES

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 17
i got mine about 2.5 years ago. while they were a big step up from my sony streetstyles, i also had trouble getting a good seal on my left ear. I don't really know why, I guess my left ear is just weird, the headphones don't look defective or anything. After I got the shure e3's, and subsequently the senn mx300 buds and koss ksc-35, my px200's have not been seeing much use.

When I was able to get a seal on the left ear (which was especially hard, because if I yawned or anything, it would get all messed up), the sound was pretty good. as everyone else has said, the highs sound chopped off, but the bass and mids were quite good, and the isolation was decent.

IMO the most important thing is to buy from a place that has a good return policy, so you can return them if you can't get a good seal. If you can get a good seal, then IMO they are great for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back