Px-200 a Keeper for me
Feb 12, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #17 of 23
If it takes about 5 seconds to adjust once you get used to it, I see it no more convenient than canalphones. What's 5 seconds though?

Feb 12, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 23
i was totally set to get the px100, and now i'm leaning more and more toward teh px200. but my concern is this:

several people have said that wind really resonates and totally kills the music. i listen to these primarily walking the streets of nyc and riding the subway. it's pretty windy here (especially in the winter)... will the px200 just frustrate me?? conversely, will i be able to enjoy the px100 on the subway (or even on a busy street)?

Feb 12, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #19 of 23
I just remember I pushed them around for 15 mins when trying them out in a shop and couldn't make them sound or isolate decently within that period of time. Maybe they just don't fit my ears or something, I just found them very hard to drive and the sound was quite muffled.

Edit: I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I've read quite a few negative comments of PX200 when people can't make them isolate and/or sound that good. I just feel the PX200 is very much a "try before you buy" headphone, or at least make sure you have a trial period when you purchase them. I think the design of this headphone makes it very much a hit or miss depending on the shape of your ears.

Feb 12, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #20 of 23
i like the px-200 and i think it is a neccesity to have a good seal on them...my problem is they do not seem to be tight enough...wierd i know...what i want is a larger version of the px200...that fits better...
ray

Feb 12, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by VicAjax
several people have said that wind really resonates and totally kills the music. i listen to these primarily walking the streets of nyc and riding the subway. it's pretty windy here (especially in the winter)... will the px200 just frustrate me?? conversely, will i be able to enjoy the px100 on the subway (or even on a busy street)?

I've had experience in the city with the PX200s. The wind needs to be blowing fairly hard for it to affect the sound but it is an issue in a strong wind. While the PX200 do isolate to a certain extent, you will not be able to hear them on the subway platform or in relatively noisy situations. Once on the train, the isolation will be pretty good for the most part. However, I switched to Shure E2 for subway and city situations and the isolation is great. I find I like the sound of the PX200 a little better, as the E2 tends to be slightly muddy, especially at low volume, but like everything else, it's a trade-off.

Feb 12, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by TMC
I just remember I pushed them around for 15 mins when trying them out in a shop and couldn't make them sound or isolate decently within that period of time. Maybe they just don't fit my ears or something, I just found them very hard to drive and the sound was quite muffled.

That's very true, when they don't achieve a good seal, they don't sound very good.

As with anything that needs to create seal/isolation to sound good, it really varies from person to person. I agree on your statement that it's a "try before you buy" headphone.

Feb 12, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Less Full?!?!...............................

Sorry for the quick description. If i were to use an analogy it would be like sitting at home listening to your speaker system with a thin blanket over your head. The sound was there just a bit muffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back