PX 100 vs what???? for travel
Oct 28, 2008 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JerryJ

100+ Head-Fier
I mainly listen to my IPods while driving because I spend much of my time in my truck and/or on the road. I don't care for earbuds and I need open phones in order to hear what's going on around me while driving. I use Senn PX 100 phones, and they sound good - I don't have any complaints with them. I'm just wondering if there are better sounding phones out there, that aren't too large and still allow me to hear the surrounding sounds I need to.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 12
Not a very good idea, driving with headphones on...why not just upgrade your car's sound system?

Anyway: How much are you looking to spend, and how large are you willing to wear?

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 12
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a very good idea, driving with headphones on

As I stated above - I want "open" phones, not 'Noise-Canceling'. 'Open' earcup designs offer little or no ambient noise attenuation.

I'm not looking for cheap phones, I want good sounding phones under, say $150

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75 is cheap but with good SQ

I actually have a set of KSC75's and while they sound good - I want to be able to quickly remove as well as put them on (I have to answer my phone a lot). That design doesn't lend itself to quickly do so, especially while driving. Maybe I need an IPhone.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 12
I might want to add here that I spend about 80% of my driving time on country roads, dirt roads & out in the middle of big ranches. I'm never in cites, so it's not as unsafe as it may have been perceived.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #12 of 12
I have both PX100 and KSC75, while both are good for their price, i love my KSC75 better. It has that sparkling treble and mid, and a tight bass. PX100 does have that boomy bass, but after awhile it got boring and the sound pretty bland, still good for bass head people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back