PX 100 headband broken, sound still working - what to do?
May 25, 2006 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

audiodude

New Head-Fier
The bad thing is that I broke it myself in an attempt to fix one of the hinges (which was pretty loose). So there's no warranty anymore. What's even worse is that I bought these PX 100 no more than a month ago. Sennheiser doesn't offer PX 100 replacement headbands. Does anybody have an idea what to do with the drivers, which are still working? For example, are there any replacement headbands of other headphone models that can be used with them? Any clue would be appreciated.
frown.gif

May 25, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiodude
The bad thing is that I broke it myself in an attempt to fix one of the hinges (which was pretty loose). So there's no warranty anymore. What's even worse is that I bought these PX 100 no more than a month ago. Sennheiser doesn't offer PX 100 replacement headbands. Does anybody have an idea what to do with the drivers, which are still working? For example, are there any replacement headbands of other headphone models that can be used with them? Any clue would be appreciated.
frown.gif

Where are they broken? do you have a picture?

May 25, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 11
Sell them to me, then i can incorporate them into one of my future ugly-as-all-holy-sin-but-cool-in-a-way-id-never-admit homemade headphone projects.

May 25, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Where are they broken? do you have a picture?

It's at the hinge. I've messed things up with screwdrivers and grippers, don't ask. Unfortunately, I don't have digital camera, so I'm not able to make a picture.

I just hope there's a way to make use out of the actual phones without being a mechanic. Luckily, they can be detached from the headband. It's true, if everything else fails, I should be glad if somebody wanted to buy them.

May 25, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

It's at the hinge. I've messed things up with screwdrivers and grippers, don't ask. Unfortunately, I don't have digital camera, so I'm not able to make a picture.

I just hope there's a way to make use out of the actual phones without being a mechanic. Luckily, they can be detached from the headband. It's true, if everything else fails, I should be glad if somebody wanted to buy them.

Duggeh appears to be the man to ask. Without pics I really can't advise a repair but I'm sure something could be achieved with araldite and a bit of imagination.

May 26, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 11
There are many traces of more or less violent treatment. I don't believe that Sennheiser wants to repair things for free if customers obviously damaged them themselves. I'm not 100% sure though. That would be more than accommodating.

May 26, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Use duct tape to whatever is broke and place the headphone over your ears. Then get a headband to secure headphone and you should be ok.

May 26, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
Use duct tape to whatever is broke and place the headphone over your ears. Then get a headband to secure headphone and you should be ok.

That sounds like a really professional almost "invisible" repair almost akin to the elastopast fix with glasses
tongue.gif

harry4.jpg

May 26, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

There are many traces of more or less violent treatment. I don't believe that Sennheiser wants to repair things for free if customers obviously damaged them themselves. I'm not 100% sure though. That would be more than accommodating.

Don't worry, im sure senn will fix them for ya.

May 27, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 11
I stepped on my pair and busted the ball-and-socket joint. Just send Sennheiser an email about how you're a buffoon and ask if you can buy a replacement part. Then they'll just send you the part, gratis, as they did for me. Good stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Don't worry, im sure senn will fix them for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back