PX 100 damage?
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kargi

Head-Fier
Hi fellas. I recently got a PX100 II, and I was very pleased with them, but today, I realized left ear is damaged. I mean it sounds cracky, in a few tracks, especialy in low frequencies. I check the tracks with my other headphones, no cracking. Can this cracking be temporary, can it heal itself?

How this happened
confused_face_2.gif
I was only using them with my iphone and ipod. Yeah sometimes at max volume, but always nice sounds, just lossless tracks. Do they have enough power to damage this headphone? Should I be worried for my ie8 or mx760 when listening at max volume? Please help.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajkda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can you stand listening at max volume with ie8s?

I was about to ask the same thing. Not only full vol. can damage headphones, but it can damage ears too...

About the px100 cracking: if you're absolutely sure that the problem is not caused by track/source clipping, looks like they need some driver fix...

Cheers
K.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 7
I can't, but sometimes for a short period i give them a try, or I forget the source on high volume. But if you say so I will be more careful Kurtzi. I really love to listen them at low volume. But I am just concerned/curious if I can damage them with an ipod. They are precious, and possbilty to damage them gives me nightmares
smily_headphones1.gif

I found some burn-in wav s clearly left ear cracks, I will call the sennheiser tomorrow, hopefuly we can solve this. Cheers.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 7
My px100 old edition cracks too. Specifically low frequency right ear. However I do understand when ppl say it's the source. My REO on my philips mp3 player had cracking. I double checked, it was the poor player.

Still, my px100 only crackles at medium-high volume, low frequency, and therefore not frequently enough for me to iRage.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 7
They have changed them immediately
smily_headphones1.gif
Sennheiser rocks.

flaming_june my old px100 had crackings too. But not in first 2 weeks, after a year or so. They were good headphones too.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kargi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have changed them immediately
smily_headphones1.gif
Sennheiser rocks.

That's a quick fix!
bigsmile_face.gif
Glad for you

Regards
K.

Users who are viewing this thread