Puzzling Problem ...
May 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

500+ Head-Fier
Not sure if I should post this here but thinking I can get more opinions if I do so here than elsewhere....

I'm in Nepal right now on business for the next month or so - I brought my Ray Samuels SR-71A with me, and two sets of headphones - the Klipsch S5i (for the gym) and the Klipsch Image X5.  Suddenly, when I plug in the S5i, I either get no signal or wicked static (I'm using an Ipod Nano 2d Generation and an AOL LOD cable).  When I plug the S5i into my laptop, though, it plays no problem.

When I plug in the X5 IEMs to the SR-71A, I have no problem at all.   What do you think is going on?   I would hate to think there's an issue with the SR-71A headphone jack, but anything's possible, I guess.  I've had a heck of a lot of trouble with Klipsch quality control - the S5i was a replacement for three or four S4's that died on me (usually, one side dying out on me).  Alternatively, I wonder if the plug on the S5i is somehow not connecting properly, at least to the headphone amp, since it works okay with the laptop.

For what it's worth, I am having problems still with the screws to the battery compartment as well - one of them seems to have frozen in place, so I have to swing the battery top open in order to swap out batteries - I'm wondering if that might be a or the problem too - that I'm not getting a tight enough seal when I screw in the one screw to close the battery top?   The last thing I want to do is snap off the frozen screw.   I'm really puzzled, because since why would the X5 seem to work okay if that was the problem?

Thanks all -  I would prefer not to use the more expensive X5 in the gym, but it seems I may not have a choice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back