putting toe in water - desk top amp advice/suggestions
Apr 18, 2022 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mbj666

Head-Fier
really enjoying my portable setup of Fiio M11+> ifi diablo > focal clear MG pro/hifiman anandas i have to say and has got me looking at desktop stuff for my home office

been looking at the ifi ican pro signature which seems to be a jack of all trades but DAC wise the idsd pro signature seems a lot of money when added and a lot of it seems redundant with ican pro

so was wondering better to go just one box idsd pro signature or a different DAC (topping D90 maybe?) and the ican pro signature amp, anyone any experience of these at all with the focals or any other combo suggestions as do find it all very overwhelming

thx now back to the boogie :)

mat

Apr 18, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 2
I have the iCan Signature and it's a great amp--plenty of clean power, and I think the XBass works well. The 3D changes the sound to the point where I don't use it, and the tube feature is dependent on the headphone--some sound good like the HD800S, and some don't. I don't have a Focal for comparison for you.

For the price of the iDSD, I went with the Pontus II and it's a great pairing. The Ares II does a lot of what this DAC does for a lot less, if you're curious about a R2R DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back