Pushed the button on E500
Apr 26, 2007 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Thade

100+ Head-Fier
My heart is pounding a little
smily_headphones1.gif
as this is by 1st major headphone purchase. Right now my source is an ipod shuffe 1st gen with Shure E2G. I was considering buying a new MP3 player and E4s but I decided the MP3 player can wait and I should put the cash into the headphones now while I can and before I change my mind. There's probably no way I would have bought the E500 at full retail price but at 339.00 shipped overnight from an eBay seller I thought it was well worth it. Thanks for all the great info here. I've been lurking mostly but this forum has been very helpful

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 25
I retract my dumb question...

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

now my source is an ipod shuffe 1st gen with Shure E2G. I was considering buying a new MP3 player

Shuffle + E500 sound superb, there is no need to change player (of course if you don't need screen
etysmile.gif
)

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by macphin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this seller have others E500? If yes, provide me with a link. Thanks!

yes. I used to be highly skeptical of purchasing anything on eBay but over the last 2-3 years I've done quite a bit of buying and selling with good results. I purchased from a seller with excellent feedback and many sales of high end headphones. The seller also offers a store receipt upon request (which I requested)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-E500PTH-So...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-E500PTH-So...QQcmdZViewItem

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My heart is pounding a little
smily_headphones1.gif
as this is by 1st major headphone purchase. Right now my source is an ipod shuffe 1st gen with Shure E2G. I was considering buying a new MP3 player and E4s but I decided the MP3 player can wait and I should put the cash into the headphones now while I can and before I change my mind. There's probably no way I would have bought the E500 at full retail price but at 339.00 shipped overnight from an eBay seller I thought it was well worth it. Thanks for all the great info here. I've been lurking mostly but this forum has been very helpful

Congrats! I upgraded from a pair of E2C to the E500 as well. Strangely, besides sounding better, it is more comfortable. I cannto figure out why since I use the same soft grey tips. But it IS more comfortable. Enjoy it!

P.K.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! I upgraded from a pair of E2C to the E500 as well. Strangely, besides sounding better, it is more comfortable. I cannto figure out why since I use the same soft grey tips. But it IS more comfortable. Enjoy it!

P.K.

I think the "stalk" is bigger on the E2

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.K.

The plastic bit that goes in your ear is substancially larger on the e2c, I found the e2c uncomfortable for longer than 30minutes of wear. The e500 has a smaller plastic bit, like my e5's, which I now can wear for ages.

EDIT: yeh, as above post 'stalk' is a better word

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 25
If hiss is unbearable with this combo it will only motivate me to replace the source quicker
smily_headphones1.gif
The main reason why I've stayed with the shuffle is because it is regarded as one of the better iPods for SQ. I almost threw down and got a 2nd gen nano and E4G but I was afraid that the nano might be a downgrade in SQ.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

I was afraid that the nano might be a downgrade in SQ.

And you are absolutely right: out of headphone jack Nano II gen doesn't sound well. I've bought Nano few days ago and my only hope for getting better SQ is special IC for iPod (dock-connector) and a small amp (comparing to Nano my current amp is huge)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back