purpose of U2 in PINT
Apr 12, 2006 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nysulli

500+ Head-Fier
just about to start building my first amp, and i'm clear on everything else, but i forgot to order the part to fill U2, and i've noticed other people omit this part, and tangent has no mentioning of the part in has part selection guild, but from the schematic it looks like it possibly has to do with some filtering for the wall wart when you use it as a power source, can anyone verify this, and if i need it if I plan on just charging my batteries with the wall wart

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 10
It's used as a current source for charging the battery, and R1 sets the current. If you're planning to use both wall power as well as batteries, I'd recommend installing U2 along with R1 (and you _must_ install the two diodes as well).

Apr 13, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 10
there it is, i gotta check my printout then, i might be missing a page or maybe i just read over it, because i totally missed it in there

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli
i gotta check my printout then

Your printout may well not have it. In the first few months after releasing a new board, the documentation tends to change rather significantly. I change them frequently in this time based on feedback from early builders. I wouldn't recommend printing out the PINT docs until they settle down some more.

Apr 13, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 10
yeah, it just wasn't in my printout from early march, took me a while to finally get the parts ordered, but everything should be here tomorrow/monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back