Pure Music player
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

r010159

100+ Head-Fier
I have searched for this topic, but the most up to date one is three years old. I want to know if anyone is finding this software buggy. I have found it very problematic. For instance, when I select " Hog mode", there is allot of distortion. Even when I disable it, I then still will get the distortion. I then bring up Audirvana, and find no problems with the same selections of music. Sometimes tracks take some fiddling with to play. I am running on MacOS Sierra, with a 2012 Mac mini. I am using the latest version of Pure Music.

Thank you!

Tucson

PS I also cannot find anywhere on the Net a forum dedicated to this player.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I have searched for this topic, but the most up to date one is three years old. I want to know if anyone is finding this software buggy.

I stopped using Pure Music with version 3 - too many bugs (2015).

Version 2 was quirky with gapless play, and had an issue with loud static when switching file types (ALAC, FLAC, AIFF) in integer mode, but I managed to get that working stably.

Pure Music fixed a number of the version 3 bugs I encountered, but a couple of key ones were not being addressed, so I switched to Audirvana and haven't gone back to PM.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to use version 2, but stopped using it because the way it piggybacked on iTunes was a bit cumbersome and quirky. It definitely did something for SQ though. I have Audirvana, but now pretty much use Roon exclusively. I don’t think either of them massaged the sound in the way I remember that PM did, but I could be wrong.

Based on your comments, I have to wonder if there is some sort of a system resource issue. 2012 is an old, and relatively low end Mac. I have to wonder if it is chocking. I think Audirvana runs leaner and is less resource dependent. Do you have the system optimized for music playback, and have adequate RAM? Eliminated other components as causing the issue? Have tried different DACs or even a different Mac? I wonder if they’d let you install PM on something new at the apple store and hook your DAC up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back