Pure Gold Interconnects
Jan 8, 2002 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
from http://www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/interconnects.htm

goldeninterconnects.jpg

Golden Oval Interconnects

Our patented oval design partners with pure gold over Oxygen Free copper to create a Litz wire without equal.

100% shielded coverage, meticulously designed conductive sheath eliminates microphonic movement noise, proprietary Teflon dielectric provides the optimal impedance and made in the USA quality.

Heirloom quality cable with a noise floor so low goose bumps, tears and magical moments from the past come alive.

Jan 8, 2002 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 14
Very pretty.
biggrin.gif
Gold cables are supposed to have a warm sound to em though, not for me.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now this on the other hand I think I might like to try:

bigappas.jpg

Jan 8, 2002 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 14
KR
I own several Analysis Plus cables for my collection, not these however as the price is too rich for gold series. I think their Oval 9 speaker cables are giant killers for the price, same for the new Oval 1 ICs which can be bought for under $100 a pair. The company that specializes in gold cables is Siltech, a Dutch company I believe, prices are very high but they have their believers.

Vertigo
In the past I have owned several Silver Audio cables, Silver Bullet 4 & Hyacinth ICs and Power Burst AC cord. The IC you show is top of the line Appassionata IC. I sold my Silver Audio ICs when I acquired HomeGrown Silver Lace ICs, and AC cord was sold (along with my Shunyatas, Synergistic Research, Harmonic Tech AC cords) when I discovered Absolute power cords.

Jan 8, 2002 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 14
Hi Vertigo-1, DarkAngel,

Yep - Siltech make a range of cables using a silver-gold alloy as well as some cables which have "pure" gold conductors.

Interestingly, some people insist that the now discontinued range of pure-silver Siltech cables actually sounded better.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that gold cables sound particularly warm - just as I wouldn't say that silver cables sound bright.

The Siltechs are very very good cables - you really know you're listening to something special when you use them.

I can't say that I've tried every hi-end cable out there, but I have found Siltech and Lieder cables to be the best I've come across.

--Jatinder

Jan 8, 2002 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 14
hey, these would go great with the golden cary amplifier you showed us a while back!
biggrin.gif
now, if only they sold golden headphones...

Jan 8, 2002 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 14
I don't know why more cable companies don't use clear/translucent jackets since expensive ICs are like fine jewelry,
they look beautiful and should be shown off! Especially Litz braid design ICs.

Jan 8, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 14
Darkangel, if you are referring to the gold oval ICs, well, they kind of have this big gold plated shield blocking the litz braid. A lot of cables have shields so that jewelry factor does not come into play...

Hm, and that cable, its not even pure gold like the Stealth PGS, it is a gold over copper plating...

Gold wire is quite expensive, I think $100 for 10' or so... hmm...

Jan 8, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

I sold my Silver Audio ICs when I acquired HomeGrown Silver Lace ICs, and AC cord was sold (along with my Shunyatas, Synergistic Research, Harmonic Tech AC cords) when I discovered Absolute power cords.

You're trying to tell me something there aren't you.
evil_smiley.gif
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2002 at 1:51 PM Post #13 of 14
I do not want to cast aspertions on these particular cables but I have some thoughts on cables in general.

I work for a large electrical retailer here in the UK and have been into Electronics and HiFi for a number years.

People go out with a mind to buy cables and quite often do not know what they are looking at. Many people truly believe that if the pins on a cable ar 'Gold' coloured then it must be gold. If it's gold then it must be good.

In reality what they are often getting is a Nickel plated connection. Of course the manufacturers are quite happy to let the customer think they are getting 'Gold Plated' and charge more for the privelige. As long as the manufacturer doesn't state 'Gold Plated' then they get away with as they are not falsely advertising.

Sorry to sound pedantic but I do think consumers get fed a lot of BS from manufacturers at times. Of course, my opinion on these things often get me into bother at work. Don't even metion Extended Warranties!

Jan 12, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #14 of 14
Looks at Cable" Whoah! Coo STuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks At Price: *faints*
Suddenly Realizes: I own a gold shop and a factory.....*laughs madly*

Perhaps I can go to the factory and see If have any machines to produce somethign similar
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back