Purchasing Stax from importer
Jan 23, 2004 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Ken B

Head-Fier
I am considering purchasing the Stax 404 Sig with either the 006t or 313 drivers from Audio Cubes or EIFL. Does anyone have experience purchasing from these companies? Do the amps require a step down transformer or will they run on 110-120v. And would the use of a transformer degrade performance in any way.

Thanks - Ken

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #2 of 17
eifl is able to get us voltaged amps, while audiocubes is not. also, eifl is more likely to negotiate the price a bit, but i hear that isn't so likely anymore since the us dollar went down the toilet.

i got my stuff from eifl and recommend them to anybody.

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch

Ditto. Koji is able to get you the full 115v amps, so no transformer is necessary, and resale is easier. Much easier.

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #4 of 17
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Koji is easy to deal with. Very fast service. But you should be ready to buy when contacting and negotiating with him.

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 17
I confirm too: EIFL (but remember to the seller the invoice inside ...).

Best!
Nicola

Jan 23, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
And Koji is easy to deal with. Very fast service. But you should be ready to buy when contacting and negotiating with him.

a very important point. i don't recommend contacting koji unless you are ready to purchase, as he doesn't like to be jerked around or waste time negotiating with people who just want to find the cheapest prices.

Jan 23, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

a very important point. i don't recommend contacting koji unless you are ready to purchase, as he doesn't like to be jerked around or waste time negotiating with people who just want to find the cheapest prices.

Agree that, be 100% sure what you really want before contact him.

Jan 23, 2004 at 9:25 AM Post #8 of 17
Agree with all of the above...don't make your move unless your bank account's ready to handle it.

Jan 23, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #9 of 17
Too bad I've contacted Eifl 3 times with absolutely no response about a pair of 404's. I'm buying them from Audiocubes. No use in dealing with a person who never bothers to reply to you.

Jan 23, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake
Too bad I've contacted Eifl 3 times with absolutely no response about a pair of 404's. I'm buying them from Audiocubes. No use in dealing with a person who never bothers to reply to you.

That's odd, Koji has been most helpful with my inquiries.

Jan 23, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #11 of 17
Koji replied to me quick too. Only I dont know if he ships as "gift" like audiocubes and I dont know if he has as good prices. Does anyone know who has got the best prices on SR-303s?

Jan 23, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake

Snake, sorry to hear that. My experience reflects the others' in this thread: Very quick, friendly, but only responsive if you're very firm and clear that you are ready to buy immediately.

He'll have some more of my business later this year. Hope he sells black Omega IIs.
cool.gif

- Chris

Jan 23, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by marios_mar
Koji replied to me quick too. Only I dont know if he ships as "gift" like audiocubes and I dont know if he has as good prices. Does anyone know who has got the best prices on SR-303s?

There won't be much variability in the price of the SR-303 since it is not a very expensive headphone.

However, Koji's price on Omega 2's is better than Audiocubes.

I don't know if Koji ships as a gift, but it doesn't matter because his price is inclusive of any customs and shipping charges.

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #14 of 17
Thanks all
lambda.gif
I ordered from Audiocubes a few hours ago and have received the email confirmation
biggrin.gif
Many issues decided the purchase from Audiocubes, none the fact that Eifl never returned 3 emails in 7 days (5 business days), sealing it. Audiocubes has a PO Box address only a number of hours away from me and dealing with a "local" businessperson (?) just makes me feel better anyway.

Jan 23, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #15 of 17
The way you address your email to Koji can influence whether you get a reply or not. As has been mentioned, if there's any hint in your email that you're hem hawing, Koji's not likely to reply. It's happened to me before the first time I contacted him about Staxs. Emailed the first time to ask about the price, and got a reply within hours. Emailed back saying I wasn't ready, but that I had questions regarding the customs fee. Never got a reply.

The second time around, I asked for the price, and told him I was ready to buy for sure. The emails flew back and forth smooth as butter, especially during the period when I was wiring the money over to him. I bombarded him with emails to check if my money made it across and double check his bank account info, and got emails back within the hour.

BTW, regarding customs...if you are a serious buyer for something as big and expensive as the Omega IIs, he can mark them as a gift. He did for me at my request. It boils down to whether you want them insured or not basically. For something like the 303/404s, maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back