Purchasing Head-direct products in China
May 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JeFFz

500+ Head-Fier
I will be heading to China, Guangzhou next week so...

Anyone know of any stores or anywhere in China, mainly Guangzhou, or even Hong Kong that sell head-direct products such as RE0 etc.? If there is, will it be cheaper than buying from their online store?

Thanks in advance.

May 13, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 18
It's better to stick with Jaben Singapore...

but if you looking for decent product with a cheaper price, some you still have to get them from TaoBao.

Hope you'll have a nice journey in China...
dt880smile.png

May 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #5 of 18
yea i think daydesiang knows that singapore isn't china. I was looking to see if there is any physical store that sells them other than the online store. Because i was thinking since head-direct is from china, wouldn't it be cheaper if one would buy it there?

May 13, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 18
Hey,

Im not sure if you can get head-direct products in HK ,

but you can check out a couple shops in Mong Kok or Wan Chai

http://www.headphonehk.com/

http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/ --> this place is more expensive , but there are  alot of headphones on display which you can try ; their main shop is in mong kok 

(http://www.mingo-hmw.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=73897 -- open mon - sat from 1 pm to 9 pm and on sunday at 1 pm to 6 pm ; 
phone number is 2770 6919

address: 12th floor, 594-596 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok ... should be walking distance from the metro (MTR)

May 13, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 18
You will not find decent earphones at great prices in China. In fact, you cannot find many common electronics in there at a lower price than buying from the internet.

5 years ago I was in Guanzhou and Senzhen trying to get a Creative zen vision M player, only saw one store selling it and it was like $40 more than buying online. Same with ipod. Tons of counterfeit earphones (and everything else), sony and shure were the most common brands. I got tired of looking and bought a Meizu M6 player, 4gb for 1200rmb ($160), stopped working after 7 months.

If you want to buy real, geniune stuff go the Hongkong, you will need a separated visa but it will worth it, you can get everything in there, everything.

May 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 18
Hong kong would not be a problem since i have a HKID card and going in and out of china isn't a problem too since i have multiple entries visa, either way i would be going hong kong often to shop :p

anyway thanks gjsj for the hong kong directory, will check the stores out.

Well i was thinking since head-direct is a china company and they make their stuff in china, there might be a chance that it would be cheaper since it is the country of origin, like grado/monster/ue etc. are more cheaper in the US. Maybe i should pm/contact head-direct and ask about this. 

I am not really looking to have any earphone purchase since i am satisfied with my MTPC, if i want to i will just head to Jaben. But i was just thinking if the re0 would be cheaper in china i might as well just grab them when im there.

May 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
jeffz, i live in beijing and would be interested in buying head directs here too, so if you get a response from them, would you mind sharing it?
thanks

You can buy direct from Hifiman

http://cn.hifiman.us/products/?pid=71

May 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 18
For what it's worth, I live in Shanghai and I do not buy electronics here except for essential items which I buy at Best Buy. China is a terrible place to shop for quality goods. Generally they are expensive, fake, gray market or a combination of the above. Shop in Hong Kong or even better shop on the Internet. That's how I buy most stuff.

For imports, as long as it is shipped by a national postal service (for example, USPS Global Express or HongKong's EMS) and not Fedex or UPS, it gets into China duty free. Domestically, I did buy a small item directly from iBasso and that worked out well with cheap overnight shipping within China. But they generally want an address in Chinese characters to ship domestic.

May 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #13 of 18
The exceptions are Westone products, it seems. UM3x is US$100 cheaper than in the US.

May 15, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #15 of 18
I stand by my advice as the best I have to give to those who have access to foreign credit cards for Internet puchases or who can travel to locations like HK. But seriously no offence intended. And yes, buying drectly from the Chinese manufacturer (as I did with iBasso) can indeed make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back