Purchasing Cables for Sennheiser HD 6## Series Headphones
Nov 24, 2022 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chris Kelly

New Head-Fier
Sennheiser's spare parts store hasn't had any of their cables in stock for a long time. I am looking for a four-footer. Amazon has various models from various manufacturers. But I don't know which ones are of good quality, which ones are overpriced, which ones are and aren't worth a higher price, etc..

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Sennheiser's spare parts store hasn't had any of their cables in stock for a long time. I am looking for a four-footer. Amazon has various brands in various models. But I don't know which ones are of good quality, which ones are overpriced, which ones are and aren't worth a higher price, etc..
I bought the NewFantasia 4 ft cable a while ago and I still use it. Below the Y-Split is a braided material and above the Y-Split is a rubber material that prevents microphonics. It has a screw-on 1/4in adapter. It is cheap and it gets the job done.

If you want good quality outside of Amazon from brands known here: good $50-100 options could be Periapt, Hart Audio, and AudiophileNinja.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 8
I bought the NewFantasia 4 ft cable a while ago and I still use it. Below the Y-Split is a braided material and above the Y-Split is a rubber material that prevents microphonics. It has a screw-on 1/4in adapter. It is cheap and it gets the job done.

If you want good quality outside of Amazon from brands known here: good $50-100 options could be Periapt, Hart Audio, and AudiophileNinja.
The NewFantasia one was one of the ones I was thinking about. There are two compatible NewFantasia four-footers. I'm not sure what the difference between them is. What about the Sqrmekoko one for $29.97? Is it any better than the NewFantasia one or not?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 8
The NewFantasia one was one of the ones I was thinking about. There's a Japanese-sounding brand which begins with S which sells for twice as much. I wasn't sure if they're any better or not.
Yeah. I would pick the best looking one that fits your budget. I totally forgot about whether you want balanced or not. Faaeal might be a good option since they are known pretty well here in the earbud thread for making earbuds.

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah. I would pick the best looking one that fits your budget. I totally forgot about whether you want balanced or not. Faaeal might be a good option since they are known pretty well here in the earbud thread for making earbuds.
I'm interested in the 3.5mm plug. There are two compatible NewFantasia four-footers. What's the difference between those and the Sqrmekoko four-footer?

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm interested in the 3.5mm plug. There are two compatible NewFantasia four-footers. What's the difference between those and the Sqrmekoko four-footer?
Took a look. The NewFantasia seems better rated or is at least the more popular option. The Sqrmekoko claims to be silver plated. The plug and screw mechanism looks identical. The y-split is different, and the rubber above the y-split is bright red on the Sqrmekoko. The NewFantasia is cheaper and has a more black and understated look.

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Took a look. The NewFantasia seems better rated or is at least the more popular option. The Sqrmekoko claims to be silver plated. The plug and screw mechanism looks identical. The y-split is different, and the rubber above the y-split is bright red on the Sqrmekoko. The NewFantasia is cheaper and has a more black and understated look.
Then I guess I'd go with one of the New Fantasia four-footers. But there are two New Fantasia four-footers. What's the difference between 600-SJ-H-120 and NF650SJ-120?

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Then I guess I'd go with one of the New Fantasia four-footers. But there are two New Fantasia four-footers. What's the difference between 600-SJ-H-120 and NF650SJ-120?
I have the first one. The difference (besides the $1 price difference) seems to be that the cable is more flat on the second one while the first one is circular. Also, the y-split shape and connectors are different. I would rather get the first one since it has more reviews and what looks like a stronger connector and cable. The strain relief and shape on the second one reminds me of the stock sennheiser one, which I didn't like. If you liked the stock cable, the second one would be a decent choice.

Also, the second one has thicker connectors (connecting to the Sennheisers) and it looks all black. The first one has some slight red on the cable from the y/split down. 4ft is quite short for most people so make sure you have measured correctly and have finalized your decision on the 4 ft one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back