Purchased the Musiland 03us ... and
Oct 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Pearlbones

New Head-Fier
I am new to Dac and headphone amps but did a bit of research and decided on purchasing the Musiland 02us.  Seeing that an upgraded model had been released, the Musiland 03us I chose to take a risk and purchase an unreviewed and yet unproven product from China that appears to be an upgrade from the 02us. The product arrived as promised.  I paid 160.00 which included shipping from Tam audio.

I downloaded the software, plugged in the usb2, plugged in my headphones dt770pro 250ohm but I am unable to get any sound.  Has anyone else purchased this item and had success or can maybe guide me through what may be obvious to others but not to me.  There is no useful data in English and trying to translate the Chinese forums has not helped me either.  I am hoping it is my ignorance and not the product that is the cause.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 14
Have you checked if the usb output you are using is the default playback device or the playback device used in the program you play music with?

Under control panel->sound in windows 7.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 14
If you play music do the graphic equalizer bars under control panel->sound move at all?

Is the driver installed in device manager?

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 14

Thank you again for your suggestions.  Still no sound in headphones

Below are snapshots of the driver set up.  There is signal and the software appears properly installed.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 14
It looks like you have done everything correctly. I had a musiland USD1 and never had any issues with getting sound out.

Have you tried the RCA outputs?

I would try it on another machine, and if that still doesn't work I would contact the seller about it being defective. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 14
[size=medium]Again many thanks. It seemed pretty straight forward to me. Being a new product I am screwed with getting tech support out of China and no useful info on any of the forums.  I tried requesting a return on the Tamaudio website but they conveniently have a required field that has no place for input and therefore will not advance to the next page. I am hoping that having purchased the item through PayPal will work on my behalf. I have had excellent customer service with problem purchases through PayPal in the USA but not sure if there may be issues doing the same with Chinese Companies.[/size]

[size=medium]At this juncture I would venture to say that anyone interested in the Musiland 03us better wait before they spend their money or they may regret their purchase as I do. They are far from making this item a viable export to a world market. It may be a good product down the road but without customer support it is certainly buyer beware. I really wanted the Schiit Bifrost to match my Asgard amp but got impatient with their release. It appears they should be shipping soon... the Bifrost as a good “Made in the USA” product is a much better match all around for my needs.[/size]

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 14
Have you tried clicking the HP button btw? Only saw that now :p

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 14

So I plugged everything back in this morning and quess what... it works.  I am baffled as to why.  The only new change I had made was yesterday by deleting the driver from the computer's internal sound card.  Not sure what effect that may have had but the damn thing is working just fine.  As of right now it is running straight without a power amp and it is pushing the 250 ohm DT 770 PRO beautifully.  The instrument seperation is acute and the richness of the sound is clean and full.  I wish I knew exactly what was prohibiting the signal to the headphones but I don't.  Thank you to those who tried to help.  I look forward to reading some legitimate reviews as others have a chance to try the Musiland 03 US.  I stand by my lack of faith in the Musiland customer service in English but the unit itself seems to offer a quality sound at a very reasonable price.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 14
I had some issues here and there with some versions of musilands drivers but they were mostly fine. Good that you got it working :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back