Purchased ad700.Too much in mids&highs, not enough bass. help plz
Feb 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #107 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't agree with him because I do believe there are people who think 770pro sound like absolute crap. But he is definitely not a troll. Trolls are different, they are smart and talk **** on purpose to create chaos
biggrin.gif

intoart simply thinks 770pro is an amazing headphone thats all.

You are, of course, entirely correct.

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #108 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't agree with him because I do believe there are people who think 770pro sound like absolute crap. But he is definitely not a troll. Trolls are different, they are smart and talk **** on purpose to create chaos
biggrin.gif

intoart simply thinks 770pro is an amazing headphone thats all.

Sure, the DT770 is pretty amazing coming from earbuds, but once you branch out and experience more headphones, especially those above the $500 price point, you quickly realize that they aren't nearly as amazing as you once though they were. I don't think anyone feels that they sound like absolute crap, they're just nowhere near as good as intoart is alluding.

I see your point of view on the definition of a troll, but I still see him as one. When you make the statement that someone has bad taste because they won't admit how "amazing" the DT770's are, that's some pretty insulting trollish behavior IMO.

Read this comment from him again. The opinion that someone has bad taste in headphones because they don't worship the DT770 is clearly not a valid opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disagreeing with someone's taste is very definitely not grounds for falsely accusing them of being a troll. People who fail to recognize the fact that DT770s are great sounding phones (not at all the same as preference, by the way) have bad taste, but I do not accuse them of being trolls.
A troll is someone who sets out to start arguments, not someone who expresses valid opinions (regardless of who agrees or disagrees with those opinions.)

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #109 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, the DT770 is pretty amazing coming from earbuds, but once you branch out and experience more headphones, especially those above the $500 price point, you quickly realize that they aren't nearly as amazing as you once though they were. I don't think anyone feels that they sound like absolute crap, they're just nowhere near as good as intoart is alluding.

I see your point of view on the definition of a troll, but I still see him as one. When you make the statement that someone has bad taste because they won't admit how "amazing" the DT770's are, that's some pretty insulting trollish behavior IMO.

Read this comment from him again. The opinion that someone has bad taste in headphones because they don't worship the DT770 is clearly not a valid opinion.

You are, of course, correct. I don't mind people having their opinions and even the stubbornness with which we all hold onto them. Most of us do it. However, when we have relative newcomers taking liberties with "facts," then I have a problem. There's enough shilling and deceptive marketing out there already. We don't need members misleading other members--whether or not it is on purpose.

Regardless, the boards tend to self-police in this regard, and the credibility of those who cannot tolerate the opinions of others--especially when they themselves have little experience--usually dissolves pretty quickly. Just not quickly enough.

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #110 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We don't need members misleading other members--whether or not it is on purpose.

So why do you insist on misleading other members by lying that the DT770s are less than excellent, and also by falsely accusing honest members of trolling?

(Just to be clear, my experience does include two pairs of phones well over $500 MSRP: the K701s and D5000s. DT770s are better than both of those. I have never listened to earbuds. My taste is far too refined to tolerate listening to anything less than portable Sennheisers, and I can't even go back to those now that I have heard the Beyers.)

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #111 of 121
can u pls define Excellent for us? ..everyone has different preferences...some like midrange..some like bass..u r a basshead and u r arguing with guys who love midrange

have u heard HD600?..have u heard HD650? ..have u heard other beyers.. like DT150?

first listen to all of them and then come back here n post ..

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #112 of 121
Quote:

So why do you insist on misleading other members by lying that the DT770s are less than excellent . . . ?

I believe the DT770 is far less than excellent. That's not misleading and it certainly isn't a lie. (Is english your first language? I ask this not to insult you, rather to better undertsand your use of the words "lie" and "falsely," which I think are odd choices.) My sentiments also are supported by many on these boards. Regarldess, I have nothing against the headphone (I have owned 2 and listened to many more) and think it's a lot of fun for what it is.

Quote:

(Just to be clear, my experience does include two pairs of phones well over $500 MSRP: the K701s and D5000s. DT770s are better than both of those.

In other words, not much experience. (Also, MSRP doesn't count for much.) However, I also prefer the DT 770 to the K701. I like the D5000 better than the DT770. Does that mean I need to get my hearing checked?

Quote:

I have never listened to earbuds. My taste is far too refined to tolerate listening to anything less than portable Sennheisers, and I can't even go back to those now that I have heard the Beyers.)

Query: Do you think people who do not like the DT770 have unrefined taste?

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #113 of 121
Back from a trip to philly,pa. Could not really find a good store to test various headphones. Only 2 i did test were bose quite comfort & dr dre beats.

The bose were not what i was looking for.the tech demo lacked the music i listen to so they didnt sound right for me.

The beats by Dr Dre, well.. had the bass that i was looking for listening to the rap/techno songs i listen to, but listening to journey, john mayer they seemes kinda eh in the voices,mid range.

Using the ad700 with baracuda ac-1 vista64. Setting on the HD-DAI on sound card. Playing music through windows media player (winamp for some reason is all highs with all eq settings.) I listen to some Christopher cross sailing, few rush tunes. Nephew heard the Christoper cross and laughed, i said was testing that type of sound. Loaded up some 50cent - like my stlye. he was impressed, coming from using his razer baracuda 5.1 headset.

He said that he was hearing stuff in that song he never heard before.

Now on to the Counter-Strike test. Set counterstrike to the headphones,2 chan,7.1 chan..Really sounded the same in game.

The game lacked a little bass i thought, but the overall sound stage was like hacking. i could fire a second or so before the other person walked around a corner. That is where these phones shine in my eyes.

If there another headphone that can do all that the ad700 can do (comfort,soundstage) add some bass. IM SOLD !!!

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #114 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can u pls define Excellent for us? ..everyone has different preferences...some like midrange..some like bass..u r a basshead and u r arguing with guys who love midrange

have u heard HD600?..have u heard HD650? ..have u heard other beyers.. like DT150?

first listen to all of them and then come back here n post ..

Excellence includes:
Natural tones that sound like the real instruments (especially with acoustic instruments.)
Bass that is extended and powerful, without the slightest trace of muddiness or "bloat", but which does not overpower the other frequencies.
Immense soundstage combined with pinpoint imaging.
Midrange that sounds live, like the vocalists are right in the room.
Detail so extreme that I hear new things in recordings I have heard thousands of times.
Extreme transparency, like listening through the phones, not into them.

The DT770s have all of these properties, and that is why they are excellent. (The DT150s have all of these properties plus a slight rolloff in the "sibilance" region, making them more forgiving of bad recordings.)

I will not be listening to any Sennheisers or Grados, because the K701s taught me that open phones are unacceptable in my situation. (Besides, the DT150s leave no room whatsoever for improvement, so why would I need to audition something else?)

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #115 of 121
Quote:

Excellence includes:
Natural tones that sound like the real instruments (especially with acoustic instruments.)
Bass that is extended and powerful, without the slightest trace of muddiness or "bloat", but which does not overpower the other frequencies.
Immense soundstage combined with pinpoint imaging.
Midrange that sounds live, like the vocalists are right in the room.
Detail so extreme that I hear new things in recordings I have heard thousands of times.
Extreme transparency, like listening through the phones, not into them.

The DT770s have all of these properties, and that is why they are excellent. (The DT150s have all of these properties plus a slight rolloff in the "sibilance" region, making them more forgiving of bad recordings.)

Since your location isn't listed we obviously don't know where you're from, but if you ever have the opportunity to attend a meet within a couple hundred miles drive please do so. One of these days you're going to be blown away once you realize that the DT770 possess none of the traits you listed above, aside from perhaps extended and powerful bass; however it is clearly muddy, bloated, and one note so you're in for a treat once you get a chance to hear real quality bass.

Quote:

I will not be listening to any Sennheisers or Grados, because the K701s taught me that open phones are unacceptable in my situation. (Besides, the DT150s leave no room whatsoever for improvement, so why would I need to audition something else?)

So in other words, you will not be listening to any excellent headphones any time soon?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #116 of 121
Quote:

(Besides, the DT150s leave no room whatsoever for improvement, so why would I need to audition something else?)

heh, now I see that you've been having fun with us all along. Well done. But assuming for the moment that the above statement was not made in jest, your journey is done, no? Accordingly, this site likely is useless to you now.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #117 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by shagvirus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there another headphone that can do all that the ad700 can do (comfort,soundstage) add some bass. IM SOLD !!!

shagvirus, despite the back-and-forth with respect to the excellence (or lack thereof) of the DT770, it very well could be the phone you are looking for. I'm also thinking that the Senn HD 595 could be good, but maybe not quite enough bass (also it is an open phone).

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #118 of 121
I got flamed for recommending 770pro to this person. How tragically sad.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #119 of 121
Ugh you bassheads need to stop injecting bass farts from the DT770 into your heads. Your hearing has been shot and can no longer distinguish bass unless its been overloaded like a elephant dump release after ingesting a yard of laxatives to a treat a month long constipation!

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #120 of 121
Quote:

You are a liar.
How is recommending headphones that I know are excellent (from firsthand experience) "trolling"?
confused.gif

Because you're making personal attacks on anyone who claims the 770/80s are not the best thing since sliced bread.

Edit: eagerly awaiting duggeh's discovery of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back