Purchased ad700.Too much in mids&highs, not enough bass. help plz
Feb 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #61 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You also mistakenly think that your preference for anemic bass makes lifelike bass "unnatural" somehow.

Why can't you accept that other people have different preferences without trying to convince them their preferences are wrong?

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #62 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That may well be the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum! Bass is at least half of the sound. If it is not very clearly audible, you are not hearing what is on the recording!

Read it again.

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #65 of 121
no-one else think the screen name 'shagvirus is worth a lol?

shag, from what ive read 95% of people who understand good sound and have heard the ad700 like them....a lot.

i just paid for some today, but they wont be here for a few days
frown.gif

either the rest of your gear is crap or quality sound is still new to you.

you aint never gonna find headphones that 'feel' like a jl12w7 and 1200 wrms
biggrin.gif

but your ad700s will reveal details in music your mates car can never reveal.

its like a bird with massive knockers and junk aint gonna perform like the speed freak,

buy they can both be wikked fun :p

try this

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #66 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by shagvirus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where some good places to find this amp?

JDS Labs

You can either buy it prebuilt, or build it yourself. Its immensely easy to build yourself as long as you have the slightest idea how to do through hole soldering on a PCB. The layout is really neat and simple, and its not expensive at all. Give it a shot.

You buy the PCB from JDS labs, and the parts from either Mouser or Digi-Key. I used Mouser.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #67 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by what? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no-one else think the screen name 'shagvirus is worth a lol?

shag, from what ive read 95% of people who understand good sound and have heard the ad700 like them....a lot.

i just paid for some today, but they wont be here for a few days
frown.gif

either the rest of your gear is crap or quality sound is still new to you.

you aint never gonna find headphones that 'feel' like a jl12w7 and 1200 wrms
biggrin.gif

but your ad700s will reveal details in music your mates car can never reveal.

its like a bird with massive knockers and junk aint gonna perform like the speed freak,

buy they can both be wikked fun :p

try this

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

shagvirus was my cs beta clan name. i know on some forums it doesnt make sense but oh well.

Well after listening to these through an ipod/zune. i can hear 1000% improvement. there is bass that was not there before using the laptop.

Funny thing is i jumped the gun and got an RMA for these. will make my decision on tues on to keep or send back. will try a few more phones when out shopping.

like i stated eariler i got **** scared from footsteps in a song i never heard before from my cheapo phones i had before

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #68 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by shagvirus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shagvirus was my cs beta clan name. i know on some forums it doesnt make sense but oh well.

Well after listening to these through an ipod/zune. i can hear 1000% improvement. there is bass that was not there before using the laptop.

Funny thing is i jumped the gun and got an RMA for these. will make my decision on tues on to keep or send back. will try a few more phones when out shopping.

like i stated eariler i got **** scared from footsteps in a song i never heard before from my cheapo phones i had before

like i said 'reveal' footsteps/guitar notes/voices...everything and anything.

to 'shag' in england means to phuk.

so shagvirus translates into phukvirus.

which i thought was funny :p

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #69 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by what? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like i said 'reveal' footsteps/guitar notes/voices...everything and anything.

to 'shag' in england means to phuk.

so shagvirus translates into phukvirus.

which i thought was funny :p

ya i kind of knew that..good ole austin powers.

yeah baby yeah !!!

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #70 of 121
It doesn't matter what anyone else says about this headphone or that. You need to live with them, so if you find that the AD700 isn't to your liking, look somewhere else. I would encourage you to try them for a little longer though as you might find them growing on you. I personally love them and don't think there is a better value out there. If you MUST have more bass, try pairing them with a Fiio E5 (it has the bass boost). If that isn't the sound for you, I would keep the E5 and try the DT770 Pro/80. Very similar sound to the AD700 but with much more bass and slightly recessed mids and highs. Nice phone, just a little less clear.

Leave all this bickering to the others and find the phone you like, then go listen to music. That's what this is all about.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #71 of 121
This isn't the boys locker room, it's a family-friendly website. Let's stop giggling at dirty words, show a little maturity, and get back on topic.

Also, to those involved in the flaming and name calling, please stop it. If you are unable to control yourselves, stay out of the thread.

Thank you.

Sheesh.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #72 of 121
edited

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #73 of 121
Back on topic...
If the sound hasn't settled in, you can try the A500,700,900.
Heck, if you want we could do a straight trade. I'm trying to get rid of my A500s.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #75 of 121
everything starts with a reference point. and bass like anything else should sound real.. there is NO such thing as more or less bass.. there is only bass as to how the instrument produces it. (some may disagree wrt to electronic music - but imo if its synth, its not real hence does not merit to be any kind of benchmark)

as mentioned, live performances or properly mastered studio recordings are the references. then theres the 2nd point.. when bass increases or decreases in playback,, there is no way only that particular instrument volume is increase, the entire low frequency gets exagerated therefore other instruments that have components of low notes and even voices distort. unless you actually have the multichannel master and only increase the volume on the bass related instruments... only then it would be truly increasing the the "bass". there is no way of isolating only bass instruments (and no, mega huge amps driving pile driver subs that increase the amplitude of "bass" exponentially does not qualify, not by a long shot.)

a bass guitar or cello or the thump of a kick drum will only always sound like it is.. and that is how it should be reproduced. again, the problem is having a point of reference.. get one and you're sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back