pulling the trigger on the iTouch
Sep 26, 2007 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mochimon

100+ Head-Fier
i've been torn between the touch and the nano since they came out.

tonight i was doing the now habitual masturbatory scan of apple.com and it finally dawned on me what a great deal the iTouch is.

for 100 dollars more than a nano with the same capacity you get a giant screen, a damn sexy interface, and wi-fi capabilities. 100 dollars! the price of a handfull of CD's, which (as of lately) ive been buying almost weekly. the price of one nice dinner and a show.

personally i've been turned off by the iPhone, because just like all other smart phones it is just too big. i need to carry my cell with me everywhere i go, and i just cant stand having bulky pockets. not to mention it will get scratched to all hell getting that much travel time.

the deal maker was when i realized how perfect it is for showing photo's as well as transporting small files. im a photo student, and i have to show my work almost on a daily basis. i cant always get to a computer, and i hate having to haul out huge boxes of prints just to say "see? thats what i mean." i also compose music and am doing a lot more video aswell. this device is the perfect answer to when people ask "what kind of art do you do?"

not to mention i can browse the net and check my email where ever i get wifi without need for a computer. i mean i can check this thread while i wait for my coffee.

all this for just $100. since i would be getting a nano if i didnt get this i feel like its a good investment.

and for everyone who says it has crappy sq - thats why i have a home rig. im capable of "getting into the music" without audiophile soundquality. (though it does help
600smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back