Pulling the Trigger on E500s
Feb 20, 2007 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

NtD Gr3nade

Banned
I plan on buying them tommorow so I can use them on my flight to Cali. Would I be dissapointed with them? I have what is in my sig. Should I wait a little while and buy them when the SE530s come out?

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 25
I hesitate to reply and bump a thread like this, but my repsonse is, dude, you just gotta make an informed decision and not obsess.

There is not a single member of this forum qualified to say you will not be disapointed with any imaginable piece of audio equipment.

And, to answer one question directly, there is no techinical difference between the E500 and SE530, so don't use that as a guide.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 25
For $300 or less, not really, but it's mostly subjective. Some people may prefer ER-4 sound over E500 sound...

Does anyone know how the Westone 3 will be priced when it comes out? The E500 MSRP'd at $500 and cost almost half that on the street now, but Westone is pretty notorious for staying in line with its MSRP's...I wouldn't expect it to compete too much with the Shures.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 25
"pulling the trigger?" Don't Shoot!!!!!!!

I meant this in the way that if you're going to regret something, don't do it. The phrase was meant to represent the contrast and irony of the connotative permanence of the words used to the temporal nature of the decision at hand.

Anyways, if it comes down to it, find somewhere with a healthy return policy, which is the beauty of the whole return policy customer-right policy found in the western world

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by echiang06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"pulling the trigger?" Don't Shoot!!!!!!!

Wow, your post was really helpful.
rolleyes.gif
Don't post here again.

To the OP: You like Senns, I presume by your sig. Therefore I say go for the E500 (its rename has nothing different; every other product on the Shure line will be changed more than just name-wise, however).

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, your post was really helpful.
rolleyes.gif
Don't post here again.

To the OP: You like Senns, I presume by your sig. Therefore I say go for the E500 (its rename has nothing different; every other product on the Shure line will be changed more than just name-wise, however).

The thing I am questioning is a significant price drop after the SE530 is out. Will it be a big drop?

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 25
My guess is that there won't be a price drop. It's still their top of the line model.

And, I agree with Mule, if you like your Senns, you will probably like the e500s very much.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 25
I've got a pair of 650s as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the e500. A question that must be asked first is: “Have you ever used an IEM before?” And if you haven't perhaps you should try one out before you jump into the deep end on the first try. Some people just can't get over the thought and feeling of having something inserted into their ear canals.

Ultimately I enjoy my 650’s more… but in noisy, non-optimum listening conditions I can’t think of another headphone I’d rather be listening to.

By the way, in my opinion, the most notable difference in sound between the 650s and the e500 is in the presentation. The 650s sound is generally a little outside the head whereas the e500 sound is pretty much between your ears. But that’s just my perception, so take that with a heaping of salt
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrustyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a pair of 650s as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the e500. A question that must be asked first is: “Have you ever used an IEM before?” And if you haven't perhaps you should try one out before you jump into the deep end on the first try. Some people just can't get over the thought and feeling of having something inserted into their ear canals.

Ultimately I enjoy my 650’s more… but in noisy, non-optimum listening conditions I can’t think of another headphone I’d rather be listening to.

By the way, in my opinion, the most notable difference in sound between the 650s and the e500 is in the presentation. The 650s sound is generally a little outside the head whereas the e500 sound is pretty much between your ears. But that’s just my perception, so take that with a heaping of salt
smily_headphones1.gif

I have hybrid IEMs (Very cheap) with tri flanges, and I dont mind them at all.

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade
I have hybrid IEMs (Very cheap) with tri flanges, and I dont mind them at all.

In that case... pull that trigger!

No one can guarantee you'll love them, but if you're a 650 lover then I think you'll appreciate the rich, full sound of the e500.

Good luck... and have a nice flight
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #12 of 25
Thanks for the fast replies, lets just hope my dad is ok with this (he owes me $300 from a few months ago, he had no cash on him and needed emergency service on his car). He has the money, but will he be willing to give it to me for IEMs?

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 25
Just muscle him a little and I'm sure he'll give it up. =]

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just muscle him a little and I'm sure he'll give it up. =]

Yeah, noogies seem to always do the trick.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back