Psyhedelic music similar to the beatles
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lantian

500+ Head-Fier
I want to find some new music for triping. Have listened to alot, but all of them lack something.
The Beatles are so far the only ones that have real imaging and directionalyty to their sound, as to create those special images when listened to in right mind set and totaly different sound. Not a single psyhedelic band that I have listened to has managed to do the same so far.
Does anyone know of anyone who is doing the same thing with their music?

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm not big on tripping, but I'd imagine that Legendary Pink Dots would fit the bill. Saying that you've listened to a lot of psychedelic music makes me think you've already heard them, though, so how about going deeper down the rabbit hole and trying something like Nurse With Wound or Four Tet?

Those may lead to some nightmarish trips, though. Stereolab, perhaps?

Or maybe you're just growing used to it and you're chasing the imaginary dragon, so to speak, and your memories with the Beatles in particular are just because of the time you trip listening to them as opposed to them just being the band to trip to.

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm not big on tripping, but I'd imagine that Legendary Pink Dots would fit the bill. Saying that you've listened to a lot of psychedelic music makes me think you've already heard them, though, so how about going deeper down the rabbit hole and trying something like Nurse With Wound or Four Tet?

Those may lead to some nightmarish trips, though. Stereolab, perhaps?

Or maybe you're just growing used to it and you're chasing the imaginary dragon, so to speak, and your memories with the Beatles in particular are just because of the time you trip listening to them as opposed to them just being the band to trip to.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, stereolab seems interesting, something to look forward to

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back