Psychic Trick
Aug 3, 2005 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Check out this psychic link . Click in the middle that reads, "Absolutely Free", and watch them guess your card. After you do it once highlight below.

My girl friend made me try this and after doing it the first time, I was surprised because they (the computer) only had about a 20% chance. Then I did it again and was very disappointed in myself for not recognizing it the first time. They utilize simple psychology by making you concentrate so hard on the chosen card that you don't pay attention to what the other cards are. When the answer comes up all the computer does is change all the cards then removes one completely. What a gyp! I feel sorry for the simpletons that put there credit cards online believing in the ONE!

"Neeeoooooo, I believe!"

Aug 3, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 13
Hmm, they guessed me right as well.
wink.gif

[edit] Wait a d*mn minute...
icon10.gif
Ah, I figured it out. Without reading the white part.

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 13
Psychics are hilarious. Praying in the insecurities of the average consumer.

That was one of the lamest attempts to trick people I've ever seen. They at least could have tired to use one of the MANY math sort card tricks that will guess you card. Not just replace all the face cards with completely different ones.

It turns out I can read minds too. I see, in my minds eye, that everyone who posts on this thread is using the internet. OOooOOoooOOO!OOOOOO!!!1~tilda!!one!!!

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 13
I want to be tricked...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Too bad everyone doesn't intuite every principle of operation in the universe, but understanding a card trick will keep me happy for a while.

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 13
*Yawn*... those are fairly boring. Entertaining to watch gullible people do them, though.

The ones that really fascinate me are the card tricks utilizing math - lots and lots of math. You know, "Pick your card. Got it? Now subtract 4. Add 3. Subtract 2. Add the value of your card." etc. There's so many steps it seems like it has to be real.

Aug 4, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #11 of 13
at 1st i was like wow, it was right, but then i realized that all it did was show different cards. lol

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #12 of 13
And the trick isn't even new, I have the same thing as an 8-year old powerpoint presentation ...

So what does that tell me about my love life, Nancy
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 13
LOL, seen that before, it's funny how if you remove ALL the cards the one you picked goes along.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back