Psy-music headphones: IEM's vs. Full @ $400
Jul 22, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Sony SA5000 ~ you have the budget and these are considered a favorite around here for all electronica genres. The D2000 dare I say it are a little boring, they are too relaxed and polite for in-your-face techno.

Not to derail the thread but what is psy music anyway? ~ Aphex Twin?

Wikipedia is your friend

Aphex twin is more in the line of IDM

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 18
AtmokPi: I appreciate your response but I'm not sure it answered my q here: does the amp effect volume (quantity) or depth (quality)?

On your word I will go for this Asus card, this seems most fundamental, regardless of gear.

Also I will try the Dennon 5K, thank you people. Amazon has this offered at $427.

Graphicism: Psy is a general term for psychedelic music, but specifically I refer to psytrance (hallucinogen) and psybient (androcell). What sets this music apart from others, in terms of assembly, is that it is multi-layered 360 degrees. Aphex Twin, IME, has a more narrow sound scape.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #18 of 18
Amps normally add quality to a headphone. Improve tightness of bass etc. A normal soundcard already goes to earshattering levels with most headphones, but it's the quality it lacks (both DAC and amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back