PSU for 4x Cmoys
Jun 17, 2010 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Meathands

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to build a box with four headphone amps, each with their own independent inputs. The cmoy looks good, but I would rather have one main power supply than four 9v batteries. Any ideas on the best way to do this? Just to clarify, I do not want a distribution amp. Rather, I want basically four independent headphone amps in the same chassis fed by the same PSU. Thanks a lot, Peterson Goodwyn

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 7
you can use the psu in cmoys own design. the only thing is that you need to get a bigger wall-wart(more output current).

all amps will have their own psu;s but then will be connected to the same dc jack. very simple.

oh if you want to have 1 psu I would suggest you to look at quasar electronics dual rail kits.

there is one with 1a output. looks like it can do the job you want.

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Tamu, thanks for the quick, informative responses!  It seems like the wallwort would be the easiest way to go.  It would also have the advantage of getting the power transformer out of the audio chassis.  Do you think 1a is enough current for four cymos?

Stew, the device will be to send 4 different monitor mixes to musicians/engineers on remote recording sessions.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 7
yep. just get a bigger one incase.. also I believe the velleman kit should be better than cmoys own caps and resistor divider. but the parts will be expensive..

anyway have fun with your build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back