psp + micro DAC?
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

htom78

Head-Fier
I have a psp and H120, and I want to buy the micro DAC, so is it possible : psp + micro DAC, because the psp maybe can play the ape or flac soon, which only need a program and ape have open source yet! so if the micro DAC can support psp using usb cable, is it perfect??

give your comment!

thanks!

Jun 3, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 7
Does the PSP have an optical or coax digital out? I wasn't aware that it did. Without one of these outputs, you would not be able to use a micro dac (or any other DAC).
You would still need to add an amp after the output of the micro dac. That wouldn't be a very portable setup.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance
Does the PSP have an optical or coax digital out? I wasn't aware that it did. Without one of these outputs, you would not be able to use a micro dac (or any other DAC).

You can use the MicroDAC with USB.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
You can use the MicroDAC with USB.

Unless someone figures out a hack to the PSP firmware so that it will output via its USB out a standard USB audio codec, this will not work.

This would be an interesting project for some programmer out there. But I'm not holding my breath.

Best,

-Jason

Jun 19, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 7
if can use the PSP USB -> MicroDAC, it will the powerful!

I have used a software developed by a Chinese programmer, which can play the ape+cue & flac+cue, but the sound of psp is so bad.

I don't know does anyone can develop a fireware which can enable digital out by USB, if the chip not support, I think it's no make sense.

thanks!

Jun 19, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 7
Well, just find a computer geek whos an audiophile too. EVerything is hackable, it just takes time.

Jun 19, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 7
Just don't hook anything up to the headphone out, it sounds horrible.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back