PSP Lumines
Apr 12, 2006 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rx7_fan

500+ Head-Fier
I've put off this game for a while, finally got back into it and got the highest score possible 999,999 today! I've been playing it on and off for about a week. I had to beat the game twice continously to get the score. If you got a psp, i would recommend picking this game up, it's so freaking addicting.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

IMG_2873.jpg

Apr 12, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 13
I have this game but for some reason I just can't get into it. I haven't touched it for months. Maybe I was expecting too much based on all the hype and great reviews. to me its not nearly as addicting as tetris was when it first came out, and nowhere near as fun. I wish I could get into it more. what am I missing?

MJ

Apr 12, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 13
The people who are into is do things in the game that people do things people don't notice. For example, do you know that you can get 10,000 by clearing off all of the blocks on the screen? It sounds easy, but it's actually pretty hard. Try it =) And 1,000 points for only having the same color blocks on the screen. See for people who plays it casually, they only want to survive as long as possible deleting the blocks, but that's so basic that's it's not fun. The fun is when you start doing advance stuff like clearing all blocks from the screen, and having 1 color blocks on the screen. Also having high multipliers of blocks (clearing 15+ blocks at once).

The game is really genius if you can take it into another level. At the very basic level, lumines is actually quite boring.

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 13
I loved this game for a few months untill you realize that when you start to get good a game will last for more than an hour. No time based puzzle game should last that long. I also think there there should be a bonus multiplier for every level you pass so that there is more reward for the chalenge. I also think that instead of levels randomly having a slow moving clear line, you should be able to activate a slow clearing line by a press of a button. I guess you'd have to have a limited amount of times you could do it and be able to earn them as well by lets say clearing 20 blocks or more. Also of course they need to not have a max high score. I'm really hoping that they'll address at least the length of each game in the sequel. I still play the original gameboy tetris at times and would probably still play Lumines if they didn't have these problems. Does anybody else agree with me or do you veterens of the game like it as it is?

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 13
I think not having control of the time bar is a good thing. It makes your timing a lot more difficult. For example, the first stage, it is so easy to clear the screen without any blocks for the 10,000 points bonus because the time bar is at medium speed and the blocks are dropping at a medium rate. However, towards the end, the time line is slow and the blocks drop rate is much higher, making harder to clear the screen of blocks.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 13
My cousin has this game and I've played it a few times. Not really a big fan of it though. Maybe that will change because I plan on borrowing it for my trip tomorrow.

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 13
I had a PSP for the longest time and didn't get rid of it because of that ONE DAMNED GAME. It's so good! And with nice headphones? The music is GREAT!

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #12 of 13
It is a great game. I still own it even though I do not have a PSP currently. Thinking about snagging a white PSP from Audiocubes though.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #13 of 13
I want a white psp too, too bad they don't sell it in the US. Some how I think we get the worse designed products ever! Stuff like cars are way better looking over seas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back