PSP, DS lite, or wait?
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #61 of 71
There's a decent deal going on for the PSP 2000 and PSP3000 bundle. See this Slick Deals thread.

There are apparently some issues with scan lines on the 3000 lcd. I ordered one anyways. I love gaming and wanted to see what I was missing out on. I have all the major consoles.

Side note: My x360 failed for the 23442x time. Dvd drive stopped reading discs. Bought another one since dell is also running a good deal on the arcade version. It's reported to be the Jasper unit which utilizes a 65nm core, so it's less prone to the whole ROD bs.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #62 of 71
That's a fantastic deal. Just wondering which would be the better option - I don't really want Ratchet and Clank but I've heard the silver PSP is less of a finger print magnet.

EDIT: just realised the other one is the 2000 model so it's the Ratchet and Crank pack then.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #64 of 71
If you get a PSP or DS Lite, you should look into getting the Hori brand of screen protectors.

For long trips, I take the PSP along with the extended battery. Homebrew, games on memory stick, and videos give me more to do while away from home. For in between classes, I bring the DS.

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #65 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by christine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get a PSP or DS Lite, you should look into getting the Hori brand of screen protectors.

For long trips, I take the PSP along with the extended battery. Homebrew, games on memory stick, and videos give me more to do while away from home. For in between classes, I bring the DS.

But which one has the better games?
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But which one has the better games?
confused_face(1).gif

lol I refrained from naming any games because it really comes down to personal preference. If you could find only a few games on the DS worth playing, then you should go for the PSP.

To answer your question, I prefer the PSP's screen, games, and homebrew over the DS Lite so the PSP gets more play time. Looking at your poll, I'm in the minority on this one.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Much of PSP games are same as PS1 games

Not true at all. That's like saying DS games are the same as NES ones.

Quote:

Also, setting up a DS is easier than setting up a PSP.

It's not really that hard to update the PSP's firmware. Other than that it's pretty much plug and play.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
absolutely psp.. bigger and better screen.. most important element of playing a game

Yeah, definitely more important than if the game is any good for example... who cares about that as long as it looks good!

I had the same question a little while back, and after reading quite a bit about them in forums and such, I got the DS Lite. Recommended by a lot more people than the PSP, mostly because of the games. Got a CycloDS for it which is working just fine... *cough*
I haven't tried the PSP though, so I can't say if it's better or not, but if the battery time is worse than the Lite I'd get cranky. I don't like stuff with bad battery time at all, I'd prefer twice of what it has in the Lite even!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back