PSB Spekaers M4U TW1
Mar 29, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #31 of 43
Interesting. The manual indicates the light should go off.

Mine were both blue earlier today and now one is red and one is blue. It’s confusing because the documentation doesn’t match and I don’t warranty issues down the road.

Mar 31, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #33 of 43
Hmm I got a new color today...purple! Plugged in since last night so it's almost been roughly 24 hours and I snapped some pics when I got the chance.

Screen_Shot_2018_03_30_at_9_58_38_PM.png

Apr 2, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #35 of 43
I saw the purple looking light once too. I think it might just be the way the LEDs shine through that tiny hole. Did PSB ever reply to your quesiton?

The place I bought it from got in touch with their PSB rep and they said it's normal and that the manual is wrong.

Blue = charging complete
Red = charging
Purple = trickle charging

Hopefully they update their manual because it doesn't reflect at all what's actually happening to it's customers.

That said, I quite enjoy the earbuds!

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #36 of 43
The place I bought it from got in touch with their PSB rep and they said it's normal and that the manual is wrong.

Blue = charging complete
Red = charging
Purple = trickle charging

Hopefully they update their manual because it doesn't reflect at all what's actually happening to it's customers.

That said, I quite enjoy the earbuds!

Good to know - thanks for sharing.

I guess the manual's not entirely wrong, it says the red light goes out when it's done charging. It just fails to mention a different coloured light will appear instead. PSB is funny like that - they make great sounding gear but the ergonomics and manuals are not always great.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #38 of 43
If you can only afford one which should you get, the m4u4 or tw1? The m4u4 is now the same price.

It’s a tough one and I have asked myself the same question a couple of months ago. I have had both and they have their pros and cons.
Having no wireless is a game changer for me, very liberating. The TW1 sounds great and can definitely be good enough as a daily driver. The lack of charging case is annoying, voice during phone calls coming thru one side only was a deal breaker for me.
On my second cable with the M4U4 It’s a non-standard cable.
M4U4 is more neutral and flat with good bass but not boomy, TW1 is warmer and more musical and even coloured a bit.
Both sound very good.
If you don’t mind the limitations of the TW1 then the feeling of having no wires is priceless.

May 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #40 of 43
I have an issue where the audio suddenly starts playing from my phone, rather than the headphones. Checking bluetooth settings on the phone (Pixel 2 XL) shows they are still connected. I have to disconnect the earbuds from the phone, at which time the left earpiece says "SOT disconnected" which tells me they really are connected, and then reconnect it, and the audio comes back. This happens fairly regularly, and seems to happen more often if I try to change tracks, or if I am doing something else on my phone.

Does anyone else have this problem?

May 30, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #41 of 43
I've been in contact with PSB Support. I have tried these earphones on several different phones and have had odd issues with each:
1. Pixel 2XL - audio suddenly starts playing from the phone, rather than the earphones, even though Bluetooth connection is still there
2. Sony Xperia X Performance - audio only plays from left earpiece
3. Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact - volume is locked at max and changing the volume does nothing.

PSB has acknowledged these issues and is working on a firmware update. Apparently they can only be updated with an Android device.

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #42 of 43
PSB sent me a firmware update for the audio dropping issue. After a somewhat complicated update process (made more difficult by very poor instructions), the issue seems to be fixed. I also noticed the sound quality changed and upon inquiring, PSB support responded that they tweaked the EQ to make them sound more like the M4U2s. Apparently they tweaked the midrange only. In my opinion, the bass feels a little reduced and the treble a little increased. I had not listened to them for a few days before I did the update, so my impressions are by memory only. I do think they sound a little better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back