PSA if you are selling a headphone cable in the classifieds please include the length of the cable!!!!!
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dawgfish

1000+ Head-Fier
Title says it all. Thanks!

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Unless you installed a weirdly short or long hardwired cable on your headphones, I'd put that on the buyer to ask if it's a potential issue. I don't think sellers need to list it. Most headphones have easily replaced cables these days anyway

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not posting this for headphone listings but specifically for ads where people are selling just a headphone cable. Most of my headphones have replaceable cables. However they do need to be at least a certain length to reach from the amplifier(s) to the listening position. I see many classified listings for headphones cables and the length of the cable is not listed. This is an important piece of information that could have an impact whether a cable will work with a prospective buyer's setup. As such if someone is selling a headphone cable they should list the length. It's just as important as what kind of connectors a cable may have.

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm not posting this for headphone listings but specifically for ads where people are selling just a headphone cable. Most of my headphones have replaceable cables. However they do need to be at least a certain length to reach from the amplifier(s) to the listening position. I see many classified listings for headphones cables and the length of the cable is not listed. This is an important piece of information that could have an impact whether a cable will work with a prospective buyer's setup. As such if someone is selling a headphone cable they should list the length. It's just as important as what kind of connectors a cable may have.

Ah gotcha, I misread. It does make more sense if someone is listing a cable

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back