PSA: HD-497 review.
Dec 3, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 17
I started out where Steve999 is, and am now closer to pp312. After getting the Sony 7506's, I realized just how much the 497's are missing at both the top and bottom end. Nowadays, if I want bass or treble I use the Sony's, if I'm after midrange I go with the Grado SR60s. The 497's seem to have lost their place in my line-up.

Dec 3, 2002 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 17
Now, Davie, all of those headphones (Grado SR-60, Senn 497 and Sony V6) have lost their place in my line-up - for now. In fact, they all have been getting very infrequent use by me of late. And my Etys have been sitting largely unused of late, as well - I have transferred to a store within the same supermarket chain that's way closer to where I actually live, which means no more long bus rides to or from work. And because winter is close to arriving, I'm finding all of my good headphones and all of my open-air headphones mostly unused these days - because the open-air 'phones will sound much worse under a coat's hood, and because the better-sounding closed headphones are too big to fit under one. And given that I only listen to music on the go, I'm finding out that I'm using the 212's almost exclusively these days.

Off-topic: As for which rig to put it on (in my sig), because of winter, should I put the 212's on my main amped rig? My unamped rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back